Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speaking of....

Options
  • 28-07-2000 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

.....freaky-ass games....

...what's your favorite freaky-ass game no1s ever heard of?

Mine's Black Tiger. An ancient arcade game that was pretty much perfect. It was adventure/platform. 10p was a lot of money for a game back in them days but you could play this thing for hours. Every time it was getting too easy you'd go up against a big-ass dragon. Every time it was getting too hard you'd find a shop and buy better armor. Classic smile.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Toejam and Earl. Practicallly unheard of over here (Although I suspect the people who take the time to visit this board might know it).
    You get a friend and the two of you play through the game from a top-down view collecting pieces of your space ship and picking up items over 40 levels of randomly generated and average looking terrain.
    It was on the Mega Drive and was completely bonkers and absolutely REEKS of early 90s pop culture (There is even a Jam out section where you can 'rap' and make funny sounds...er...).
    Funny but weird game.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Yea mike i remember the one, Daemon's got the ROM of it on the comp somewhere.

I preferred the second one tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Mike you'll be pleased to know i have toejam and earl at home hehe along with about 100 other megadrive games... think i'll play it when i get home actually wink.gif

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Blues Brothers
    old old old old....................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Mmm,
    'Strider'(MD)...
    'Metal Marines'(SNES)...

What's this now? (TM)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Hunter for the amiga.

Wow...a game where you could drive anything from a windsurfer to an attack copter and a myriad of ground vehicles.

That was a classic. In fact im gonna download it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That sounds a lot like Wargasm. I can't believe that never took off. Sure the graphics were **** but it was multiplayer and you could pick tanks, coptors, APCs, infantry. Surely be better than Q3 neway rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 *Sovereign*

omg i used to have blues brothers! smile.gif damn old game

Advertisement