Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do clans work and are there any in Ireland

Options
  • 09-01-2003 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I do allot of online gaming (although I can't really afford the time with a young family, job, etc. – but hey, it’s an addiction and gaming must always come first).

Are there any clans and clan sites around? I am getting a little bored with the “anonymous” game bashing and would like to start playing with (or against) a set clan.

Is there anything out there on Irish soil? Or does a clan work on a non geographic basis? I’ve never really looked in to it… please advise.

The Duke : ))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

depends on what you are playing really.
    first stop is www.mirc.com download that, and connect to quakenet. irish gamers are generally found on channel #quake.ie #fortress.ie , the fortress.ie crowd will play anything. www.quake.ie is a community site for quakers. i dunno if something similar exists for cs.

there's 4 clans in quake at the moment. fh, fisheads, 70, nD - na Daghda, and jobos.

www.quake.ie/70 channel #70
    www.quake.ie/fh chan #fh
    www.quake.ie/nd chan #nd (full of swedes)
    www.quake.ie/jobos (i think) chan #jobos (full of banjos)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Mostly CS and older types of games in ireland (heheheh troll)

Im in the The DaDs Army A clan of Fathers mainly for MOHAA but i use the tags on every game i play online UT3 ,BF1942 ,RTCW, Spearhead and others i cant remember.

KdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

To answer your question on how they work.

I play UT so ill use that as an example.

There are leagues which usually contain divisions with x amount in each division.
    Each clan plays eachother once on 2 set maps and get points for each map.
    If you play ctf it would be something like 5v5 over 20mins and most caps wins or if a draw points are shared.
    TDM is err 4v4 or something and most frags wins (total team frags.) Again over 20mins.

Erm clansdiffer greatly. Some are very competitive while some play mainly for the fun of it. Whichever it is, a clan usually has a leader(s) who trial potential members. If its a competitive clan ull be judged on your skill and if its a fun clan usually on what kinda person you are and how much fun you bring etc.

Leaders usually pick the players for each game.

Team sizes+time limits may differ from game to game etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Your best bet is to play your game of choice on irish servers.

Check the cs ,half-life, quake and UT forums and there will be a stucky concerning servers for these games (Half life includes TFC, NS and DoD).

As has been said its a good idea to aquaint yourself with IRC as thats where most clans hang out.

(kdjac, rofl at dads army, n1 :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

All clans are really shit though, except for one: the mighty Really Strange Tempo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ReaveR are irish: http://www.reaver.org formed in october 2000 and fast approaching 500 matches I think

quakenet is where most clans are based

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Reaver suck. Irishrangers are the hippest clan around, everyone knows that.

http://irishrangers.org

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Neo-
    Reaver suck. Irishrangers are the hippest clan around, everyone knows that.

http://irishrangers.org

pfft fu neo :D

[-RvR-] > [IR] and you know it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

Hi guys,

thanks a mill to all. I'll try out these sites and see how I get on with the clans.

The Duke : ))

Advertisement