Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that Game

Options
  • 28-07-2000 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hello Toys,
    I needs yer help again. Oim gettin a monsterosity of a PC next Friday...MMmmmm Monster. Anyhoo, I need a good game....one to see me through a couple of weeks B4 I'm back on the Lan in UL....I'm actually gonna purchase one (say wha?) so I need some recommendations. I'm a bit outta touch when it comes new games so can y'all name some gamez......deadly games preferably. I likes most types of games but one like half-life (great single player plus tidy multi-player, gunz, shootin, tactics etc) would be the job. Something to keep me up playin till the wee hours. Also whats the goin rate of good gamez this weather? Answers on a postcard please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Thief 2 , excellent single player , completely 0wns half life , costs about 25-30 quid depending on where you go.
    Yoink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

System shock 2 nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Or if you like RTS/sim games, I'd reccomend 'Imperium Galactica 2'.
    I played IG(original) to death, now I'm hooked on the IG2 demo smile.gif

Or Thief 2 is good, if you like that sort of thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Two words, Deus Ex.

This game is released next Friday the 4th of August and, quite frankly, it's the best first-person shooter I've played in ages.

Great graphics, even better gameplay, a superb single-player mode and a terrific multiplayer game all in one complete package.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I thought IG2 was turn-based??? confused.gif

Oh, and you can't go wrong with Freespace. Not sure of the full title Conflict : Freespace??? confused.gif

Don't get Freespace2 tho. I bought it a few weeks ago and it doesn't ****ing work! It loads fine but if you click on something it dosn't work, so basically you can't navigate the menus/options. All you can do is sit in the main fupping screen and look at all the things you could click on if the guys who programmed it weren't such ****ing morons! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

[This message has been edited by Blitzkrieger (edited 29-07-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Vampire the masquerade : redemption is very cool. In fact I am about ot go play it now. It is not perfect but theres a huge single player game and a few good story tellers around. Check it out. You could do a lot worse.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

u definitly need to d/l the patch thou

Yossarian Lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

I second the motion for Thief.
    Most fun 1 player game I ever played, next to x-wing smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Krusty

Nice one ladz....cheers. I got Delta Force 2 there on Saturday......OMG. What a mental game. Probably has it's knockers out there but IMO it whoops the proverbial. MMmmm baretta sniper rifle.....'ching'. Aaggghh.
    Any one else got an opinion on this game? Thumbs up on that one anyhooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Originally posted by Krusty:
    Nice one ladz....cheers. I got Delta Force 2 there on Saturday......OMG. What a mental game. Probably has it's knockers out there but IMO it whoops the proverbial. MMmmm baretta sniper rifle.....'ching'. Aaggghh.
    Any one else got an opinion on this game? Thumbs up on that one anyhooo

top class game .... i loved it single player but networked .... it is magic .... even netowrk in my old job would join a game .. it is addictive .... my fave is when you sneek up and knife someone !!!! most annoying when it's done to u !
    anyway back to work

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Advertisement

Nice one man.........champion game alright. I'm royaly stick on one mission in the single-player campaign though....maybe you can help....It's the 3rd or 4th mission in.....and theres this Lieutenant chap who knows about the virus and you've to infiltrate his base where he is....git him out of a tent.....nick his boat....and bobs yer uncle....BUT....I tear over to the base....kill random chaps in me way....snipe a few around the tents....but lo and behold as I am approaching the tent where yer man is ...the hurley-coptor is already arriving...so I've a couple of seconds to git him. But when I git to him he won't come with....just stays kneeling on the ground with hands behind his head...tosser! Then in a couple of seconds he's off peggin for the helicopter. So you're left with (A) Blow up the chopper...and game over. (B) or kill git yer knife out and cut him a new ring b4 he gets on in it....game over again but with more fun. Tiz wreckin my head at this stage so any help muchos muchos appreciato.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kill all the guards around him and rush past onto the boat he will follow and you can then go up the river in safety. watch when you dock thou, theres a load of bas7ards there who snipe you. bloody hard level that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    I thought IG2 was turn-based??? confused.gif
    Ugh, no... maybe you should try playing it and decide for yourself.
    As far as I can tell it seems 100% realtime, but however you like to classify turn-based is up to you.
    At no point was I sitting around waiting for my turn... and many things happen in the background while you're playing, their are no set time intervals for moving ships or any such nonsense.

[This message has been edited by Dead{o}Santa (edited 01-08-2000).]

Cheers for the info WWMan.......still can't do it though frown.gif the fuppin eegit just stays in the tent. Do I have to kill ALL the bad chaps in the base B4 he moves? Well offside that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Eh Blitz, Freespace 2 does work ..... Do you really think they'd have released a game you couldnt play at all and nobody else would have noticed?..... wink.gif

It's fantastic BTW. The absolute best of it's Genre for AI, graphics, story etc. (Starlancer has better dogfight realism, but it's AI sucks).

Advertisement