Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP3 is out today!!!

Options
  • 28-07-2000 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Farewell quake....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

G...P...3...?
    Wha da?
    *looks puzzled*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just had a few spins around Silverstone and Monza and all i can say is 'holy $hit!!!!!' smile.gif

It's amazing, even in software on a lowly PII 300 in work and using the keyboard to steer it looks and plays brilliantly. Should be a tad better on a proper machine at home smile.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

cúnts....
    fn shops (sic) in kilkenny dont have it yet ffs...
    Compustore told me that they *might* have it in a couple of weeks....
    Was in Dublin today but hadn't time to pick it up...might get it in Waterford tomorrow........

ps....I need a wheel too...is the Microsoft Force Feedback 1 any good...?
    what do ye reccommend?????

/me is a gp2aholic

www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I got one of those MS force feedback pro wheels, got it for £30, £150 in da shops smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I want it I want it I want it! smile.gif

I am inflatible !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

What an amazing game.. physics are spot on.. wheel lockups so amazing.. understeer when you miss the apex..

Im stunned.. every1 get this one..

Castor, Im using the MS wheel, but have read recently the logitech is the best..

I'm installing it now smile.gif you use a wheel for gp2/3 Slosh, if so what you reckon is a good one??

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Oi slosh don't forget you promised me a review smile.gif

I "acquired" gp3 yesterday and I have to say I was shocked at the blocky graphics.. cars look like sprites from only a moderate distance. Thankfully a graphics driver update improved things immensely - but I've still got a bitter taste in my mouth from the initial playing. I have to get off the keyboard too!

I started using a MS sidewinder freestyle joypad thingie - the one with the montion sensor that you tilt to turn left/right. Once you get your sensitivity settings right in in gp3, which takes a while, it works really well.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

mmmm got it today at last.....
    so far so 'mazin...

my wheel (guillemot ferrari force feedback) should arrive tomorrow!

ps. keyboard sux ffs....you might as well watch a demo...at the moment i am usung joystick which is not bad at all...

www.licksy.net
    info@licksy.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Agghgh, theres one thing that really ****ed me off about this game (and I'm sure it can be fixed). On the keyboard, regardless of the combinations I try, the game trys to take over my steering to a big degree. This is sort of bearable - in fact I would probably crash without it - but I'd rather learn. It becomes unbearable when you pass the pits in australia going for the lead or a best lap and it trys to ****ing send you into the pits (the throttle control too). Because the keys are switched you sorta need the throttle control and steering control to smooth out the changes in acceleration and turning - but not this much!

There's no real way around that problem GB, if you think about it, there's no way you could steer a car by pressing two keys occasionally, let alone an F1 car.

If you dont want to get a wheel, get a Microsoft Freestyle Pro joypad, bout 30 odd quid in the shops, thats the motion sensitive one, it's a hell of a lot easier to drive with that.

btw you could try lowering Steering assistance in the control options, and/or increase the wheel's 'lock' on the same screen - that'll make the steering more responsive on keys.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 02-08-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Anybody fancy a mini-lan somewhere to see whos the champ ?? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I got the game over the weekend, and I have to say it is fun. It feels great to ram that german *******(shoesmacker) off at the start! One thing tho is the graphics - they are ****e. The stands look boring and plain, the men waving flas on the side fo the track are a joke and the one thing that ****es me off the most is the crap stering wheel in the car - it looks like something from the 1920's !

All in all I'm glad I didn't spend any money on it.

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 03-08-2000).]

If you warezed it then who gives a fu<k what you think.

fair enough smile.gif btw what does 'igornat' mean :P

its ment to be ignorant, not ignornat like i typed and 'igornat' like u typed.

See even trying to be smart and you **** up smile.gif

So so simple tongue.gif

fair enough smile.gif btw what does 'ment' mean :P

No i didn't download or make an copy of it actually. I just didn't part any money for it. You Q2 muppets are all the same CT, so simple, so ignornat. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

ne of you people thinking of buying gp3 , I saw it in PC World in lisburn for 50 quid with a guillimont steering wheel (non forcefeel back) , you know the one with the ferrari bagde on it smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Handbags at dawn ! Dont forget to do your makeup first lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think its brilliant, absolutely spot on. I enjoyed gp1 and 2 greatly, and I was recently annoyed with formula 1 racing simulation, however this is brilliant. I am only using a cheap steering wheels and pedals, and they do the job grand. The game just "feels" right. I don't see what everyone is complaining about the keys for. I got used to them in gp1, and they served me well. I think the gp games have the best keyboard control of any racing game. My only gripe with gp3 is that it doesnt want to work in win2k, or at least not very well. Anyone else using it in win2k?

P.S.

I would love to play it on lan, and would be willing to help organise it.

Advertisement