Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fecked Nokia 8310?

• 09-01-2003 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I have a Nokia 8310 just under a year (still under warranty?) Over the past few weeks the phone has started turning itself off and any numbers that have been stored on the phone memory only show up at when they feel like it, and alot of the numbers on the phone memory wont show up at all, it's getting very annoying.
    I have never gotten a firmware upgrade, and have tried to restore factory settings but I don't know what my security code is, so it wont let me restore the factory settings - any ideas where I might find that?
    Should I just bring the phone back and demand a new one? This is my 2nd Nokia 8310, the 1st one I had turned off and never turned on again! It seems to me that the samller the phone the shorter the life and its really beginning to piss me off as all these new fancy phones don't seem to last at all!
    Any help on my probs would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

First thing: If you haven't done it, join the Nokia Club. If your phone is within the 1 year period, you can bring it in and exchange it on the spot.. Once the one year period is over, it's off for repairs with your phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Just so you know, you have 15 months warranty from manufacture date on all Nokia phones as Nokia give 3 months grace.

You can check manufacture date by pressing *#92702689#

If you're within 15 months register and and go to a club nokia repair shop. They'll fix it or replace it on the spot (usually) unless of course it's after getting wet or something like that.

V10;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Originally posted by Krusty_Clown
    First thing: If you haven't done it, join the Nokia Club. If your phone is within the 1 year period, you can bring it in and exchange it on the spot.. Once the one year period is over, it's off for repairs with your phone...

I am a member of Club Nokia! So does this mean that if I bring it to my local store, and tell them the problems that I am having with my phone and that I am a Club Nokia member they will change my phone on the spot? Can I change my phone for a different model? Thanks for the help.

mfield.

Advertisement