Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black and White.

Options
  • 04-08-2000 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Whens it out?

This could really be THE game that gets me off my Quake addiction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Winter 2000 is all Lionhead are giving away at the minute.

GI actually have an interview with Peter Molyneux scheduled for two weeks time so if any of you guys have questions for him please forwrad them and I'll see what I can do.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by El_Presidente:

This could really be THE game that gets me off my Quake addiction.

ah, thats what i was thinking about diablo. What is black and white btw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

/me smacks Illkillya. If you seriously do not know what Black and White is, you really should check it out.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I THINK playerofgames.com have an interview and preview of Black and White done.

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

They have a preview but they don't have an interview.

You can read the GI preview at http://www.game-ireland.com/previews/pc/a-e/blackandwhite.html

Like I said, if you have any questions to suggest, please mail them to bribrad@eircom.net or just post a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

I digress, it is an Interview with Peter Molyneux - presented as a preview. No big deal, but I assure you Peter is quoted throughout. Check it out http://www.playerofgames.com/readarticlepage.asp?id=16&page=1&t=3&c=0&s=0

Oh, and I forgot to mention the release date - its currently scheduled for 10th of November.

Greenbean,

I think those are just quotes of what he has said in other magazines and publications.

If it was an interview they would have mentioned asking him such and such a question or how he replied.

As for the November 10th schedule, Peter's PR company told us that date could easily slip and that Winter 2000 is a more reliable date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

*cough* magic carpet with animals *cough*

Noel, I did the interview and preview and I assure you those are his answers to my questions - the questions are merged in between the quotes. It was a mistake to do this since it has caused much confusion, the major news sites presuming it wasn't an interview - like yourself, and thus ignoring it. I can forward you the email if you like.

Yes I acknowledge the release date could easily slip, but they are hoping to make the nov 10th deadline - this is straight from the voice/(irc text) of a current Lionhead employee I was talking to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mr Brady doesn't do himself any favours by attempting to willy-wave so blatantly. Most of us give that up when we hit puberty - yes, even most games journalists.

POGs article is rather good, actually, and pretty much on the money - if a little fawning, I'm guessing someone is creaming themselves over screenshots here... wink.gif

Ja,
    Rob

I'll try to defend myself there smile.gif

I just plain don't like ****ing anyone off. I do think this game is going to be the dogs ******** too. This is going on what I hear from loads of guys who have beta tested it; yep they are fanatics and they want the game to succeed; but I'm also getting honest admissions from some of them - there are faults, but they are mostly issues of balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Rightio, thanks for the release date.

Any demos planned?

I think they are releasing "The Gathering" as their demo - though I'm not certain...

A program called “The Gathering” will be released alongside Black&White to generate interest for the game. This program works online. Can you describe how "The Gathering" works?

“The Gathering is the place where you can take and show off your creature and train him further. The key thing about the Gathering is that this is the most amazing chat program, which you are able to use to chat with others. It’s also the place where you can get out of the single player game go online and meet other players’ creatures, learn new things from their creatures and then take your creature back into the single player game where he may have grown and developed quite considerably.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Almost undoubtedly there will be a demo (although who knows; Molyneaux isn't known for doing playable demos of stuff) in October sometime.

Ja,
    Rob

Rob,

I'm sorry but did Greenbean not explain that it was easy to be confused by the article.

This is what happened. After all, there was no mention of an interview throughout, just quotes.

"Lucky, with the aid of a very helpful Cathy Campos, I was able to secure an email interview with someone at Lionhead to talk about the game. Imagine my surprise when I found my questions answered by Mr Molyneux himself. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank both Cathy and Peter for their time."

/me says nothing

I didn't read the article in full and I apologise.

I know Cathy myself from Panache.

Advertisement