Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone read any forgotten realms?

Options
  • 09-01-2003 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

Not one thread about the Forgotten realms...so heres one:
    IVe read The nether scoll and the Magehound and im lookin for Icewind dale....i cant seem to find it anywhere (do any of you guy know a good bookshop in dublin) and ive tried all Easons.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Easons used to have them but only in o'connell st branch.
    very hard to get them of late.
    but the library system in fingal and dub city have a lot of them .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah im reading some of salvatore`s books now. I read the icewind dale trilogy a few years back and now im reading books at the end of the series.
    They are very hard to come by, perhaps try amazon or some online book store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

The Icewind Dale trilogy is good - nothing superbly different but good fun... the stuff after that seems to be glorying in his characters a little.

Besides he never read the Lord of the Rings til he was 21 so he hasn't got much history to work with ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i managed to get all the books of the Cloakmaster series(long out of print) a while back and its probably the second best series ive ever read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

Icewind Dale?Forgotten Realms? I seem to remember these being RPGs though I haven't played either of them (Badlur's Gate being the last). So are these books based on the games or the other way round?

fade to credits
    scipio_major

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

The are books based on a paper role playing game that is arond 20 years or more. The computer games like baldurs gate are spinn off`s from the paper play game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Have not read any yet, played BG and IWD etc so know some of the world from that... I know there is a book about Elminister who appears in the BG games

Advertisement