Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo II

Options
  • 04-08-2000 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

for the past 8 months, i've been addicted to quake and i couldn't play any other game. i tried carmageddon/thief2, AOE, gta2 and stuff, but i could never play any of them for long because i always got bored and returned to q3. anyway, this might be my salvation.

a few years ago, BQ, i loved RPG's like The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall and stuff. totally buggy, graphics were useless, and i could never play that these days. I got Diablo II today as a present, and i had a quick game of it, and it looks excellent. Still i have a very small concentration span, so if i dont get into it quickly i'll lose interest. i have a few questions about it anyway.

I had a wander around the village, and i'm off on my quest - is there somethign i should do b4 i leave? buy a new sword or something? i killed 2 porcupine-like rats and took their money. like in PA - you have to initiate roids right at the start, anything like that here?

Also - the cinematics, are they worth it? i'd have to delete my brother's MP3's in order to install them and he's away at Witness atm. its another 600mb, but if its really good, i dunno if i'll be playing the game from the start in future.

Lastly, whats the multiplayer stuff like? are there ppl who play it online (or even offline?) in ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Draximus

The monsters at the very start are really weak but give barely any exp and practically no gold if any. I dont really play d2 much as I find its repititive and blah.

Online...
    Well, theres this little place called battle.net that you log onto inside game. Its only the biggest single gaming zone in the world and averages about 70k+ players online a day. it also plays diablo SC/BW and warcrarft. I only got to act 3 before i got bored of it but the act2 cinematics are fantastic I think. I can set you up with some online gear.

The game is hosted on the battle.net servers so you cant use single players characters online really. If you do decide to play it online, I can probably get you some gear. [Im a leader of a fairly large battle.net clan that has alot of d2 freaks. Also play planetarion but only took it up recently...]

Id add a nice image but damnit its late and I need sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

baulders gate is much better and prettier.
    or wait for bg2.
    diablo sux. boring...

Advertisement