Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs on the radio

Options
  • 09-01-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

hmmm.... stop me if i'm talking crap here, but does anyone else find that no matter how many times you listen to a song you like on cd it somehow sounds better when you hear it played on the radio? why is that?

don't worry, i'm not sloshed, just pondering!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Prefer listening from CD's myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Its the same as watching a film on tv u already have on video. Maybe it's just the collective listening aspect ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Yeah I'd put it down as the collective idea, you're more excited that its not just you that will be listening to something that you like (and therefore feel attached to)... perhaps as well that smug feeling of "look at me, I know this song" and "I'm the only one who can appreciate this", not to be taken literally, but definitely a sub-concsious thing I'd reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's probably something parallel to the whole TV v Videos+DVDs experience the guy above mentioned.

Sometimes you want to hear a particular song right there and then but by the time you've located the CD, stuck it in the player, clicked onto the right track number etc .... the moment has passed and you're no longer bothered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I understand this completely! If you have a movie you like on dvd, and one night it's being shown on TV you will nearly always watch it on TV even though you have to put up with ad breaks etc. It's strange alright!

• Advertisement
Advertisement