Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&C Generals system specs

Options
  • 09-01-2003 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Dont think its official yet but they look fairly hefty.

Dutch site but its fairly easy to make it out.
    http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/16044

Minimum is fairly standard these days but the recommended will kill off a lot of people. I can see people shrinking away from this game with that on the box. As i said its not official.
    Games due out on 14th Feb.

Minimum:

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    DirectX 8.1
    Intel Pentium 1000 MHZ
    128 MB RAM
    1.2 GB Hard Disk Space
    4X CD-ROM
    64 MB Grafische kaart

Aanbevolen: (recomended)

Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    DirectX 8.1
    Intel Pentuim 2000 MHZ
    >256 MB Ram
    1.4 GB Hard Disk Space
    8X CD-ROM
    64 MB Grafische kaart

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

/me rubs hands in anticipation
    i meet those specs "barely"

[fingers crossed]
    decent AI
    unit rank up feature
    better unit interaction (terrain and fighting other units)
    [/fingers crossed]

[pipedream mode]
    Kane
    Varied teams with power being balanced
    [/pipedream mode]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Jeez there's some gap between min specs and recommended specs isn't there? 1ghz too 2ghz processor is a fairly big jump to make isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by SearrarD
    [pipedream mode]
    Kane
    Varied teams with power being balanced
    [/pipedream mode]
    Kane would be sweet, but balance in a C&C game? you nuts or something? ally's will obviously be the stronger side...... again.

When I get my new processor ill be safe with them specs tho, my wee 1000mhz athlon will struggle with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Really anyone who doesnt meet those specs seriously needs a smack of an upgrade ,a PC is an investment and if you dont keep investing in it it becomes out of date really quickly.

I whomp those specs :D

KdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

"le grille! What the hell is le grille!

Specs are beefy, perhaps they want to start a trend to get realistic Recommended Specs on boxes?

The big jump between min and Recommended was Intels doing. The P4 was introduced at 40% higher clock speed, debatable performance. They couldnt really put a 1.4-1.6 P4 as recommend, as they arent that much faster than a 1GHz P3.

matt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 zoidberg

Those specs look like a load of old guff to me. A minimum of a 64Meg graphics card?? There are such things as performance sliders you know, and if EA were doing their homework, then they woudl have refined the engine so that lower spec machines would run it. It would be the height of folly for any games company to design a game that isn't at least vaguely system friendly.

I mean if warcraft3 runs fine on 1.0ghz laptops with a 32meg card, so should generals (with detail dropped down)

I had the option of installing the beta on my machine, but didn't; quite simply, it would have been wrong, and I'd rather wait for the retail version than play a (illegal) pre-beta bugged up version. But it's a 1.8ghz machine with a GF3Ti200; It's no sloth; I can't see anything in generals that would have slowed it down too much.

Febuary the 13th .... whoo hooo...

Advertisement