Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building Muscle mass

• 10-01-2003 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Ok,i started back on weights after christmas again (God only knows why i stopped in the first place :/) and was wondering whats the best way for me to build muscle mass.

Im
    ________
    5' 11"
    19 years of age
    155lb's
    ________

Right now im benching 50kgs about 20 times

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by Pokes

Right now im benching 50kgs about 20 times

Is that 20 times in a row or would you be doing sets at all???

Anyway eat more then you are currently eating. You might think that you are eating loads allready but you still should eat more. Gain some weight and then lift more.

I am on a Creatine based supplement that I take twice a day mixed with a pint of water.

Stuff works wonders :) You might find this helpfull aswell. The stuff I am on just works on your on increasing muscle mass :)
    I don't seem to be gaining weight at all but I am taking a protein shake aswell just so I know I wont loose weight. I can take 2-3 proteins shakes a day if I want to gain weight.

Maybe something like that will do ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Take a look through a couple of the Sticky links for detailed advice.

Generally some supplementation/diet changes coupled with a decent training schedule should do the trick.

Creatine can help significantly with muscle recovery and thereby will allow you to get more out of training. While a protein supplement daily - before and after training on training days - will maximise your muscle growth potential.

Look through some links, then come back with specific questions.

JAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Well i can do that in a row if i want.I usually do 3 sets of 10 reps tho.A rest of a min or two between sets , or do some sit ups which use different muscles.I Currently eat a lot, im always hungry and since i have started back doing weights I now have an even bigger appetite.

Advertisement