Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greetings From Australia!

Options
  • 10-01-2003 3:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Well Thailand was FANTASTIC and I'm now settled in Sydney.
    This place gets the official thumbs up for quality of life and its music scene, check out the list of live bands playing in the next few weeks alone:

Badly Drawn Boy,QOTSA, Bob Dylan, The Vines, PJ Harvey, Disturbed,Foo Fighters, Jimmy Eat World, Gonzales, Janes Addiction,The Breeders, Silverchair, Snuff, Moby, Pearl Jam. Then
    add all that to the amazing lineup (including many of the above) at the Big Day Out Festival www.bigdayout.com which I will be joyfully attending!
    PLUS you dozens of rockin local bands playing on any given night.

Also 'Alternative' music is more like mainstream here, with most bars and pubs playing alt/rock/US mid rock as standard. Most larger bars have a pretty decent covers band playing each night too, and some of them are REALLY good. I mean they play all kinds of stuff, RATM - Living Colour, G'n'R - Nickelback, Incubus - Tenacious D. There are also a good few metal/indie/rock clubs that stay open till dawn in most cases.
    AND CD's are way cheaper (as is beer).

I highly recommend both here and Thailand for anyone wanting to go on a long holiday or a years work abroad (not pointing at any Space Coyote in particular!).

If anyone is comming over, gimme a shout!

Talk to yis later!

Ger.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Alright GerK! I'm sooooooo jealous. Sounds fantastic. Glad ur having fun tho. Nice move!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hello!!!! whatever happened u the night of pub crawl, we lost ya! hope yer having a good time anyway, and havent met 2 many creepy crawlies-keep us posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

GerK-face,
    Its soooo nice to hear from your big fat ass. Now leave me alone and get back to stuffing yer face with koala burgers.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

hey gerk, glad ur havin a good time!!! think of all of us who wont be able to go to the big day out it sound so much better than witnesss!!!!!! get drunk loads and have the time of your life!!!!:D

Advertisement