Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiring Help - Sony CDX-MP30 vs 93 Jap Starlet

Options
  • 10-01-2003 8:30am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Wiring Help?

Ok. here's the problem. I've been trying to install a sony cdx-mp30 into my starlet. I attempted to wire it up as per the instructions, downloaded the relvant diagrams etc. Diagram for the toyota wires nearly match, bar one or two exceptions. (Checked the toyta diagram at www.installdr.com) I've got

Gray wire that connects to a blue connector, branchinging off into the gray as before, and a red (think it is the fm converter)

Pink with gray bands (not stripes, bands!)

Green with gray bands

brown with gray bands

light green with gray bands

lavender

blue

blue with yellow stripe

that was on the main group of wire. there is also a second smaller group that are all dark with a stripe. These (i think) are the speakers. That is they should be the speakers, as they match the diagram.

I connected the ground first, then yellow/red etc everything, then zilch. Nada. Also, there is a factory amp under the seat, is there any connection there? The door no longer chimes when the door opens with the key in the ignition/lights on. And the clock reset itself. So.... Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 speedyboy

It sounds like you've blown some fuse maybe by hittin a live wire off a metal part of the car .. DId you disconnect the negative terminal of the battery before you started?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That is exactly what happened. Fearing for my new stereo, i got a pro to finish the install. The fuse was indeed blown, happened when I was stripping the wires from the car. D'oh!

On the plus side my stereo looks great now. The installer was dead impressed, as the irish ones have less powerful outputs than mine? 52W or something. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Mark

Advertisement