Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex - just buy it!

Options
  • 05-08-2000 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

This has to be the best game ever. And it even looks resonably good and performs well on my crappy P2 233. Move over Half Life and SS2.

lol - Big beefy guy moaning that he can't get a soda smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

whats SS2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeh Deus Ex looks great, I've been trying to download the demo, but I just keep getting corrupt downloads :/

What's this now? ©

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Buy it - it's fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Can't say I didn't tell you guys last week. I'm playing it over a week now and it just gets better and better.

Almost makes up for Daikatana.

You may not Dead{o}Santa but other people may so how about you let the others speak for themselves.

For all you know, nobody could listen to what you say either. I know I don't.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

quite simply the best fps since hl , it is soo good I have just about managed to pull myself away from playing it to tell everyone how great it is . good to see ion storm has finaly released a decent game. one gripe I have though is the d3d drivers aren't up to scatch , it chugs a bit on my 800, with a tnt2 card but I think they may be releasing a patch for it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

No actually, hes right, I dont listen to him either.

John

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Maybe I'll buy it after I get over my current Earth 2150 (I never thought I'd ever love another RTS) and Klingon Academy (Most enjoyable space combat game since X-Wing) addictions.

Originally posted by Noel Brady:
    You may not Dead{o}Santa but other people may so how about you let the others speak for themselves.
    I know who I can safely speak for.
    For all you know, nobody could listen to what you say either. I know I don't.
    I don't care one little bit.

What's this now?™

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Santa's grumpy latley isn't he eek.gif

We'll all be getting coal for Xmas smile.gif

SS2 - System Shock 2

There's a demo on this month's PCZ if you can be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL, Santa is a Biatch....

John

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yep, its the first gasme ive bought in about 6 months, and its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Best game I've ever played on a PC, bar none. Utterly top stuff; I've been playing about 30 hours or more now, and am showing no signs of getting bored; it just keeps springing cool new stuff on me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Link to some site I can take a look at it please?

hmm... www.fileplanet.com has it... and www.gamespot.co.uk may also have it.
    I think PCZone has it...
    Every big file/game site has it.
    /me has it.

What's this now?™

just reached the end of the New York episode, this game just oozes class and decent plot.

deffo has the x6 factor as well, i started at about noon today, and looked at the clock thinking it would be about 1, it was actually more like 6 smile.gif

hmmm, well I thought I had finished the New York bit, but turned out I had a bit further to go smile.gif

in Hong Kong now though, the discos and stuff are hilarious, not v far into that bit though cos I had to go to work...

oh the agony of trying to decide whether to ditch the assault rifle or the auto shotgun to free up some inventory room - in the end i had to hang on to the old 'street sweeper' smile.gif The GEP gun is cool, deffo handy against those pesky security bots, plasma gun was a bit rubbish mind you, ditched that.

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 08-08-2000).]

Yes but can I have a link to a review of it.

el_pres, just get your mits on the latest pc gamer and install the demo.
    then rush out to your local store and you will buy the game.
    im telling you, it is that good

El_Pres, if you have any liking for plot driven 3d games just go and buy it now. It has my Official Seal of Approval (tm), thats as much recommendation as you're gonna get smile.gif

• Advertisement

I'm wondering should I put the tramp with the Gray Death out of her misery and arrest the guy in the bar who wants to buy Ambrosia on the black market and kill the annoying little kid who's asking for food. Decisions, decisions smile.gif

With my crappy 'puter I have to stand still whenever I get a transmission on the radio or it's jerk-o-vision. frown.gif

give the kid some food and easy entrances are yours....back entrances....

Strange that Anna Navarre (what a *****) runs around the front anyway smile.gif I agree give the kid some food to find his back entrance - dear God that sounds dodgy smile.gif

luckily conor i know what you mean.
    there are no homosexual conactations in those last 2 posts. just all your filthy minds at work.

ummm... plot you say, in a game?

This is indeed a new idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Quote....
    Deus Ex - just buy it!

Well maybe I will...just to spite yous all!!! wink.gif

Seriously tho;, getting it tonight or at the lastest tomorrow, woohoo!

Snaga

I kinda guessed he'd tell me something if I gave him food, but I found the back entrance without the kids help neway.

It's obivious - if they ask for something they have something to tell you. In kinkpin it;s the wino in the alley, in Deus Ex it's the pilot in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Lads would anyone like to do a review of Deus Ex for playerofgames? I mean is it worth a review? smile.gif

Greenbean,

You can use GI's review if wanted. It's about 1000 words long and will be online within the next two days.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Bullitt

OK so what i would like to know is ..... is it better than Counter-Strike. As i have bought a number of new games over the past few months and they have all ended up gathering dust on my shelf as i can't be bothered playing against the computer / AI. Therefore i always return to counter-strike, so what is the single player game like and is there a future for the multi-player side of this game?

Bullitt
    "I spent a lot of my money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I
    just squandered" - George Best.

Advertisement