Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good game boy games

Options
  • 11-08-2000 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Ok, besides tetris what other good game boy games are there?

I was considering picking up a black and white gameboy to keep me entertained on some fairly long train journeys around Europe.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

The obvious choice would be "Zelda - Links Awakening".

Tis a class game spent many an evening playing it.

Can't go wrong with the Mario games either, for the auld fun.

[This message has been edited by Pretence (edited 11-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

ummmm Zelda eh? Anything like Zelda on the SNES? That was a class game.

Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Originally posted by El_Presidente:
    ummmm Zelda eh? Anything like Zelda on the SNES? That was a class game.

In fact better than the SNES game only obviously smaller.

Another surprising goldie is in fact Tomb Raider. Very addictive

And you must like Bubble Bobble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

If you can pick up Mario Tennis, thats a great laugh. Also, I know lots of people who are fans of Pokémon because its kind of similiar to a RPG, even though I might state before you all hammer me that I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE POKEMON!

Links awakening was brilliant, lots of challange in it and it will definately keep you occupied, but when you are abroad, especially if you are going someone with markets, you should be able to pick up carts with up to thirty games on them for a couple of quid.

Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Mario Tennis isn't out yet Jamie. You must be referring to Mario Golf.

I'd say R-Type DX. Still a classic to this day.

Check out some reviews at http://www.game-ireland.com/reviews/gameboy/index.html.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

As in the Mario Tennis that was out years ago

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Zelda 0wns my GB to this day, very like the SNES game, including in-jokes and developments of some of the SNES game stuff (like the ocarina).
    Other than that, Pokemon's good for extended periods of time if you can put up with the abuse smile.gif
    Make sure you get at least one of the Final Fantasy Legend / Adventure games if you're into RPGs.
    Also a GB camera is good craic on train/bus journeys etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

Zelda is brill for the gameboy

a definite buy

I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, its just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

Sorry Jamie, I thought you were talking about the new update on N64 and GBC which is released in two months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

without a doubt zelda is the best. there aren't very many other good ones imo - Wario was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

warioblast is great, the gameboys version of bomberman. also you can get bust a move on it now v. good game

Yossarian Lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 igu32

How dare Noel Brady say that Mario Tennis Isn't Out ! If he knew anything about games then he would know that it was released in the early 90's and the new version of marion tennis will be in colour and will be released along side the Mario Tennis 64.

Plus you'll be able to use the transfer pak !

Now theres a guy who knows something about GB !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by igu32:
    How dare Noel Brady say that Mario Tennis Isn't Out ! If he knew anything about games...
    Originally posted by Noel Brady:
    Sorry Jamie, I thought you were talking about the new update on N64 and GBC which is released in two months.

It's a good idea for newbies to a forum to read the full thread before posting, 'igu' muppet.

And you can leave that website rivalry bullsh1t at the door, thanks...

Couldn't agree with you more Sico.

Advertisement