Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking 2 machines via cable (ping time problems)

Options
  • 10-01-2003 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

As very little of you know on these boards, i use the internet for gaming only...more or less. I am a more than regular CS boards poster.

I just networked my laptop with my PC and everything runs fine except when i go onto a CS (counter-strike) server with the laptop and the pc..

The average pingtime that i get is 30-40 and now with the two machines its up to 500 - which is dire for lag reasons and game enjoyment. I have played on 128k isdn with two machines and pinged 90 which was totally playable.

Im not using any programs to network the two, its simple windows config sharing. No programs are running (kazaa, napster and the likes)...

Any ideas as to why i ping that ammount?

reD.

Comments

Advertisement