Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bovril Lavigne

Options
  • 10-01-2003 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Good god, that canadian bumfluff Bovril Lavigne (or whatever she's called) is playing here soon. Whats the world coming too? About the only skater boys she's going to find are the sad-acts who hang around the Central Bank in the big schmoke!!! But on the upside, Raging Speedhorn are playing at the end of january. Yaaayyyyy!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

I dont think its even worth mentioning her name on the Rock/Metal board!! Its pop music, you've heard of that before, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Guys guys. Haven't you heard her cover of SOAD's 'Chop suey'?
    The girl is metal though and through.

bahahah!

As for Raging Speedhorn....in the _tivoli_? Hopefully the sound will be better there than the last time I saw them play Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you peopl are so gay :)

and I am dl'in that track :D

she's only a kid ffs, I'd like to see any of you do better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Would you really notice if the sound at a Raging Speedhorn gig was shít?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

MWahahahahahahahahhaha , Guys check out this link about her
    Its hilarious

http://www.recroommagazine.com/articles/avril.htm

http://hate.apartmentsix.com/archives/00000047.html
    she's only a kid ffs, I'd like to see any of you do better

Its not that we hate her music or nething (yeah right) its just that she goes around sayin "pop sucks" "i am a rocker" "dont call me pop princess , i am a rocker chick"
    NOW who the hell goes around labeling themselves that much ? no one , not even manky temple bar kids , check out the review on her anyway (link posted above)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

she's the prettiest thing in pop atm so she's forgiven

[used pretty instead of hot because hot might make you think that i actually like her music :rolleyes ]

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I thought her name was Bovril Lasagne :confused:

Actually i'd forgotten about that placebo, the fact she's an out and out liar, she says she wrote the guitars on her album herself, and play guitar but it's well known she's not a guitar player. When have you ever seen her play guitar on tv for instance.

Also, she claimed to have written most of the songs on her album when she was 15. Yet apparently she has least songwriting credits on the CD :-D

I dont' hate her for her music...If she didn't claim to be something she is so obviously NOT (a punk) then I would have no beef with her at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Those pre-stylist days in full...

avril.jpg
    avril2.jpg

Also, so what if she doesn't write all the songs? Given modern super producers in the vein of Dr Dre, Rick Rubin and Ross Robinson, there's not many who can still claim "complete control" whilst enjoying success.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Guys guys. Haven't you heard her cover of SOAD's 'Chop suey'?

I've just listened to it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It makes Kittie seem worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

where did you find it!
    i want¬!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Robbo
    I've just listened to it. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It makes Kittie seem worthwhile.

nothing can make kittie seem worthwhile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The song is only a recording from a concert, it's clearly a pisstake and not serious. I got it from Kazaa. Search "Avril Chop"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    nothing can make kittie seem worthwhile :)

Their first bassist...
    She seemed very worthwhile to me. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Nirvana and Kerrang are pop.

I shall bash them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by daveirl
    So someone explain why she is Pop and Nirvana aren't?
    Who said they arent? :)

Some one explain to me why she is pop and Nirvana aren't?

Nirvana are grunge , they started a whole new era and their lyrics dont include "he was a skater boy" they never claimed themseleves GRUNGE , NON POP , i remember in an interview they said , "we are who you think we are , pop , grunge whatever"

where as avril say " i am a rocker " "my music is not pop"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

she now has a computer virus named after her.
    what an honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

hmmm

anyone want to get a arrested?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by SearrarD
    hmmm

anyone want to get a arrested?

buh?

I'd call Nirvana pop...pop as in POPULAR but they're by no means in the same bracket as 'pop music'....like uh...the **** they play on MTV hits et all.

As I said, i've no problems with Avril's music per se, it's the fact she's such a liar....I mean that 'complicated' song is about how sad it is to try and be someone you're not...hmm is that autobiographical Avril? heh.

i've no problems with Avril's music

thats true , i find her songs catchy and all , but shes full of **** .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Placebo
    Nirvana are grunge ,

Saying Nirvana can't be pop because it is grunge is incorrect because 'Pop' is not a genre in the first place. Pop is simply a measure of how much a musical product has entered popular culture. Hence the name. People who use the term 'pop music' to describe the term 'manufactured music' are misusing the term and should really stop before they find themselves at cross purposes.

Let me assure you that Nirvana is 'pop' as much as Atomic Kitten is pop. What distinguishes the two is that Atomic Kitten have been deliberately and unashamedly constructed to fill an established market for a particular type of music. Bands like Nirvana on the other hand just happen to take an existing musical form and present it in an accessible way that may or may not appeal to the masses at large. I'm not saying that one way is more legitimate than the other but clearly 'cool' people 'in the know' seem to prefer the latter method.

Stuff like Avril Benign, Scum 41 and the rest are a kind of cross fertilisation of the previous two because whilst they sell themselves on the image of 'so called' credible bands like Nirvana when it is patently obvious that they are as pre-constructed as any boy or girl band (if not more-so).

As such I'd find Bovril Lavigne to be even less worthy than, say for example, Westlife.

they started a whole new era
    Of what? Bands who wanted to look and sound like Nirvana? That's sounds like a bold concept that even Pete Waterman or Louis Walsh could have come up with ... had they been bothered.

and their lyrics dont include "he was a skater boy"

Sample Nirvana Lyrics :
    'Gotta find a way To find a way When I'm there
    Gotta find a way, A better way. I had better wait.
    Never met a wise man, If so it's a woman.
    Just because you're paranoid Don't mean they're not after you.'

I'm sure Shakespeares glad he didn't have to compete with that! Plus the last line's not even original.

bleh , anti nirvana , eh /
    Of what? Bands who wanted to sound like Nirvana? That's sounds like a bold concept that even Pete Waterman or Louis Walsh could have come up with had they been bothered.

They started a whole new era meaning , whole new style of music and thats how they got famous .

I dont know much about Nirvana but they are usually categorised under the Grunge category , where as Atomic kitten would be under the Pop category , i didnt make up the rules so dont kill the messenger :)
    Stuff like Avril Benign, Scum 41 and the rest are a kind of cross fertilisation
    lol

Sample Nirvana Lyrics :
    They have other worse lyrics like.

i quoted "skater boy" cause shes bragging on about how shes this ROCK/PUNK chick.

I admit i was probabaly wrong here "Nirvana are grunge , they started a whole new era and their lyrics dont include "he was a skater boy" "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

i would like to get avril and **** her while slapping her arse and screaming "he was a sk8ter boi i said see you later boi" and then punch her in the back of the head.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

http://www.crnw46307.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mp3/Avril_Lavigne-Chop_Suey_(System_Of_A_Down_Cover).mp3

Bovrils SOAD Chop Suey Cover

It's bad. It's horrific. I'm sorry I wasted the bandwidth.

http://www.crnw46307.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/mp3/Avril_Lavigne-Chop_Suey_(System_Of_A_Down_Cover).mp3

should rename the file . File names pretty big

P.s : i think its ilegall to upload Full abums and singles for download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Er... somehow I don't think Kharn runs that site.

I can't imagine him calling himself "BiZkiTrOacH" and saying things like "...msg me on AIM and I'll always reply unless youre lame LOL!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

God those pics really opened my eyes. I couldn't see through all the eyeshadow to reveal her true.......... beauty? Haha
    Saying that though some of her songs are catchy.

Advertisement