Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perfect Dark?

Options
  • 13-08-2000 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭

I have goldeneye and i loved it. Should i get perfect dark? Some people have loved some people hate it. Whats your views?

-Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

If you love Goldeneye, you'll really love Perfect Dark.

It's got great multi and single player levels, cool weapons, superb graphics and great characters.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

This game is seriously worth the money and is highly enjoyable. It is far better then Goldeneye and this comes from a person who played Goldeneye religously since September 1997 right up to the day he got Perfect Dark. Excellent game.

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , " My son , sometimes you talk a lot of ****. Knock it off." Before I could speak in walks Christopher Lloyd with a time machine under his arm and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Get it, get it, get it.

You'll need the memory expansion pack to play it. IMO the best option is to buy Donkey Kong as you get the pack free with the game as opposed to buying it seperately without any game.

You will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Get it now.
    NOW.

i is rank 12:Expert in multiplayer

Yossarian Lives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

/me goes off to buy perfect dark

thanx guys smile.gif

-Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Time for the obligatory contraversial opinion....
    I was disappointed with PD for various reasons. I don't think there was one major flaw with the game, but it's the little things that count. Like the framerate problems (don't believe anyone that tries to fob this off or says it's no worse than GE, it gets really bad on a lot of maps). The multiplayer is not all it's cracked up to be, I still prefer playing multi GE (maybe it's the familiarity). Also the main game maps in PD don't seem to be as interesting or well-planned as GE's (again, maybe it's the familiarity). And other stuff I'm too tired to list.

Best bet is to try before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Gotta agree , was disappointed myself.
    Why they felt the need to put lens flares everywhere i'll never know. I know they can but thats no reason to slow the hell out of the game because of it.
    Alot of the weapons are the same and as was said, the levels aren't as fun or as intuitive in one player plus they lock doors that contain higher level objectives which is fu>king annoying. Just let me in , if it of no use , big deal but don't just lock out half of the level.

Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Not very convincing arguments by either of ye IMO. Maybe it is just familiarity.
    And if you played the game in higher difficulty you would see the entire level. Or is it too hard for ya wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jesus, that lens flare is annoying alrite, forgot bout that one. I'll give a proper opinion after I get some sl33p smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Don't forget the wanton screams of "WHY CAN'T I JUST USE A MOUSE!!!!"
    As for playing on higher levels , i cleared the normal difficulty , didnt want to go back and do it again and sold it at a tenner profit , its great when games sell out , you can name a price smile.gif
    Anyway , the 115 flares per second were hurting my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Check around the shops, I picked up an expansion pack for a fiver second hand

Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Ahh jaysus im all confuzzed smile.gif

-Dave

Advertisement