Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands you love to hate

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

ah...

leonard cohen, counting crows, metallica, u2, the hives, the strokes (...etc) avril lasagne, blink 182 (etc.)

i either like very happy poppy music or depressing bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

God i nearly forgot...The Sawdoctors....please **** Off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i really really can't stand

Led Zeppelin...

in fact any classic rock makes me sick...

that damn voice is so bloody irritating

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by PiE
    And what's wrong with calling a band "derivative bollox"? Ok, calling them "Gay" may be a little childish but derivative bollox is a valid opinion surely?

Yea ok "derivative bollox" isn’t that bad :rolleyes: :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Elaine

Simply red, m people, nelly and feckin kelly crap, ja rule the fool, romeo (what a muppet), Jennifer lopez...im still jenny from the bronx (ye right u are luv), but id really love to give a big slap in the head to blazing squad. God is there any real music out there anymore!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

i said it before and ill say it again wilt
    oh also, rem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Wilt
    Manic Street Preachers
    Queen
    Manic Street Preachers
    Manic Street Preachers
    New Order (specifically Peter Hook)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Originally posted by Pigman II
    1) Any band that appears on TV more than once every 2 hours.

2) Traffic, Bob Dylan, Roxy Music, Leonard Cohen ... ie pretty much anything that Dave Fanning genuinely likes.

3) The Frames, Turn, Wilt, Blootooth and most of the Dublin scene.

Fair enough.
    I suppose that now I'm certain you are my opposite existance, yunno, my complete 180 degree human representaion. And I'm sure 'I' am yours. This has brought a kind of peace to my hatred of most of the things you say, for life is all about balance, black/white - male/female - cocaine/flower - hash/nettle resign - and all that.

So I wonder Pigman. I seriously am interested, and take no sarcasm from my words, I really am interested.... Is what you 'like ' what 'I' hate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

nah don't worry back to front
    one day you'll realise what you like is **** and then the world will be one again.

land before time or something

Originally posted by Raggamuffin
    nah don't worry back to front
    one day you'll realise what you like is **** and then the world will be one again.

land before time or something

all of this would having more interesting if every one posted who they liked as well???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by monument
    all of this would having more interesting if every one posted who they liked as well???

I beg your pardon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 velma

I cant believe i forgot the frames!!!!! Well you can rest assured Lamda that the hatred has not diminished at all. Not one bit! I still consider being forced to watch them play at witnness last year one of the worst experiences of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

Monument...

I appreciate your input, but the point of this thread is to tell the rest of the punters what you think of the bands around now.

Whereas you may not agree with my opinions, they are just that; opinions.

I didn't know freedom of speech was dead.

And however you choose to perceive it, I used the term "Gay" jokingly in describing U2. Perhaps that does not make it exempt from being "childish", but I really don't care much if I look immature.

In defense of my "childish" opinion I shall expand on it...

U2 managed to arse their way through many types and subgenres of pop and rock recently in their career, treading on thin ice (musically) with "Discotheque", getting a bit raucuous with "Hold me, Thrill me..." and then releasing that bloody awful 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' without doing anything at all worthwhile and/or original. It was all derivative, and just to prove my point, the Edge recently said their new album is going to be more rocking because "he's been listening to the Datsuns lately", or something very similar. And I truly, truly believe that 90% of the people in this country that like U2 are just proud because they're famous AND they're Irish. It would be nicer to get bands like Turn, Polar, Speedman, et al a little bit of recognition, don't you think? You know? Bands that are doing something even marginally different?

To be honest, I'd leave U2 behind in a second.

And just so you're happy with a cherry on top, I'll cap it all off with a nice little {sic}.

it was not your opinions, but the way you expressed them

As for posting the bands who you liked as well, it would have being intersting to see where some of your dislikes come from. but never mind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

Fair enough.

Well, I've got some broad tastes... I'm just going to name-drop some of my favourite bands/artists, it saves space:

The Connells, The Clash, Jimmy Eat World, Deftones, Led Zeppelin, Goo Goo Dolls, The Prodigy, Dashboard Confessional, The Police, Tori Amos, Counting Crows, Idlewild, The Ataris.

Those are a few of the bands/artists I spend my money on. And before you start on Goo Goo Dolls, listen to something other than Iris.

How about you?

Raggamuffin and pigman.

Could you be the same person? Forgein perhaps, considering the grammatical errors in your history of posts. Innocent errors, but words too jumbled to be common mistakes. Could be wrong. I'm sure you'll tell me if I am.

And yes, I know you like The Crayonz, and the funny thing is... I like them too. Maybe you're not my opposite after all.

You like The Crayonz a lot, dont you?

They deserve recognition. They're very good. Very nice people too. I just can't imagine they'd hold anything against the bands you hate..

Would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Dont be such an idiot back to front of course they're not the same person. The poster formally known as Pigman is far too i dunno what the word is that im looking for but he's far too something (TBC) to be Raggamuffin. Any similarities are purely coincidental. But good conspiracy theory......

NOT!!!

Gimme a break back to front your just looking for a row now

i can't type wow?
    after 4 years you'd think i'd have learned.

anyway back to front, the crayonz.

the supported brando i beleive in da 2 once.

i went downstairs after liike 2 songs.

stevie wonder was playing.
    much better.

i hope this is the crayonz if not there are even more **** bands in dublin.

HAHAHAH you like the Goo Goo dolls.

go home and cry.

And back to front you've found me out i am after all pigman aswell... the shame

A piece of vendictive genius I must say! you sure went to work on me there. Maybe you should be a lawyer for defence. Seriously, I know a few people who could forge a fake degree for you. You'd make a whole lot more money than you would working for... lets say...'An Post'.

I have nothing against your bitter hatred for other artists. Just cool down a bit and tell me what music you do like?

That's all I wanted to know. You did'nt have to change over from Pigman to Raggamuffin and reply by taking the piss with me. I honestly just want to know what music you're IN to. Is that so much to ask.

And where do you suppose I like the GOO GOO DOLLS. Jesus, I hate them. And no....not like in a -
    " The Crayonz were just brilliant. I picked up a couple of their singles outside and was taking to the bass player afterwards. He was telling me they're supporting LaRocca at the shelter on the 9th of May so I'll definetly be there!" posted by pigman 28-04-2002 at 14:36 / now I prefer Stevie Wonder
    - Kind of a way.
    I really mean I hate the Goo goo dolls.

I know exactly who you are now, and it hurts. I could tell everyone, but why? I'm not angry, nor do I hold anything against you. I know these boards can be a vent for frustration and you must have a lot of it. Shake on it with me and tell me some of your influences.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

hey, don't slag An Post. My Dad's worked for them for 40 odd years. And they treat him right.

hmph

Roxy

• Advertisement

i was slagging splatz about the goo goo dolls...
    sorry about that.

just placed that coment and probabaly disconnected quickly afterwards.

hmmmmm influences? influencing what? my music taste?

oh dear god.

i'll put about 30+ bands up yeah?

The beatles, NEil young, CSNY, the misfits, the ramones, new york dolls, the buzzcocks, husker du, mudhoney, the posies, minutemen, the clash, the cure, pixies, sonic youth, my bloody valentine, nation of ulysses, fugazi, the animals, the kinks, the faces, nirvana, smashing pumpkins, r.e.m, dinosaur jr., joy division, kyuss, the replacements, the smiths, black flag, the wipers, the stooges, big star, wedding present, echo and the bunnymen, the undertones, stiff little fingers, throwing muses, destroy all monsters, youth brigade.

Lots more i'm sure.....
    but thats something for you to think about.
    that is'nt liek atop list or sumthing justa list.

Anyway i must take my on demensional view on music somewhere else for the moment.
    sorry for anoying you back to front.
    *sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

bands that loads of people with good taste like that just don't appeal to me(with the exception of some songs).....

Manics - old stuff, new stuff, don't hate it but i don't get it

60s/70s rock bands- saw a led zepplin tribute at the weekend(friend gave me ticket) and couldn't wait for it to finish but the crowd loved it, great musicians but not my music

Bob Dylan,Leonard Cohen - yawn, i just never got into much stuff that was born before me, i blame being born in the years when electronic music exploded

....and bands that people with good taste shouldn't like, i've selected:
    Today's American Rock - from the Green Day clones to the pathetic Bon Jovi skid marks like matchbox20,calling,creed,
    god damn awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

It has probably been about a year since I have watched MTV so my opinions on the stuff that gets shown there will be uninformed. So I won't say anything about them!

As for Phantom-esque stuff:
    I am not too crazy about Damien Rice or JJ72, and I definetly don't like what I have heard of the Revs. Also, I don't like the White Stripes much at all. Other than that, its all good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 the happy hobo

Busted or bust*d or however u spell 'em they're just a 3 member Westlife guitars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jamie D

HATE is such a strong word, and there seems to be a lot of angry people on this board. There's too much hate in the world today and we all need to learn to tolerate a bit more.

Everyone's entitled to there own opinion, but there's no accounting for taste,

I quite dislike all country music though, and I was going to say Boybands but Backstreet Boys had a couple of good tunes.

Be nice to each other

P.S. - I f***ing hate Westlife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by Jamie D
    HATE is such a strong word, and there seems to be a lot of angry people on this board.

P.S. - I f***ing hate Westlife

damn skippy jamie d, there's a few short fuses, opinions are great but so is respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Oasis

I think Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen are great by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

To be honest, I'd leave U2 behind in a second.

*groan* please tell me you were taking the piss or being ironic with that ... please? let's see, i hate U2 too, and cast and stereophonics and all that sort of music. i hate lots of things and bands, but for some reason i'm feeling all positive of late.

and i did listen to more than just iris by the goo goo dolls. a guy i worked with for the whole summer used to play one of their albums over and over and over and over again. absolute turgid crap. so i'll put them down under my list of bands that should be shot.

but i agree with monkey: i like leonard cohen (well, that songs of leonard cohen album anyway. he gets a bit dodgy in the eighties)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

I hate Embrace-they have alot of hate history with me.

Also all that Spider Baby(Mini rocker)bands out there esp Avril "Skater Boy" what ever her name is.....................just let me at her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Oasis and all that pop idol ****!!!!!!!!!

Now im angry....noooooooooooooooooo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

All that new American psuedo punk b011ix. You know, like Blink 182, Sum 41, Alien Ant Farm etc. FAR too much of this crap played on Phantom for my liking. All utter sh1te.

And Nickelback.

Some Irish bands are overrated but none get my goat the way these w*nk*rs do.

Advertisement