Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Fans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by Shinji

That said, I have an idea in my head that Square are working on a new Bushido Blade style game, but I can't for the life of me work out why I think this. It may have been an announcement ages ago that hasn't been followed up upon.

Wahey! As long as it's not another Ehrgeiz, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

bah they have been goin downhill for a while, trash like dead or alive and repeated ****e sequles to street fighter etc have caused this
    tekken tag is the best fightin game ever made(besides the disgustin pal version) depth like no other that requires techincal skill and knowledge to play properly
    tekken 4 is contrary to what some have said totally different to tag, and is actually extremely well balanced with the exception of maybe jin, but due to the way they decided to balance it it rendered void what set apart the really good players from the quite good in tag
    virtua fighter is a whole different thing, havin seen the euro champ play it it really is sick and gay at a high level, it is not more technical, just the gameplay is more reaction based than tekken, and often seems to revolve around who can press buttons faster in strings
    2d's have gone to pot, kof is still good, even tho its been downhill since 98 but capcom have lost the plot entirely, their highlight was super sf2 turbo in 1995 i think and it is still the sf of choice for the masters of the game
    other games are fun, but lack the ability to achieve a really high level of play, and this is what sets them apart for me
    tekken(tag ntsc/arcade) has the highest player base of any fightin game and has the most potential for reachin a level well above other people
    virtua fighter is next
    then street fighter which is a horrific experience to watch high level matches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Calm down bugs , anyway i got street fighter alpha 3 off a friend , it is ABSOULTE rubbish .

Graphics CRAP
    Sound Bleh (didnt listen to any bmgs yet)
    Gameplay ****E

TOO much crappy **** on the screen , Graphics are awful , too many crappy players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think l go with bugs and pass Marvel vs capcom 2, cause that could be ****e .

Marvel vs capcom 1 was great although , i havenk played the SNK vs series but they looks kinda **** now that i think of it .

NEOGEO 4ever ..........
    Samurai shodown 4 is the best thing ever :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

TBH i had no idea there were so many street fighter games (i stopped playing after super SF 2 on snes) I recently got super street fighter 2 turbo revival for gba and thought it was great although a bit easy so i then got Capcom vs SNK 2 for the GC. Even though the GC controllers are crap for these type of games I think its a very decent game. There's 6 different fighting grooves to play with and a **** load of characters. You can also change the colours of all the characters and give the new names. The Xbox version that is coming out is going to b an online game. That sounds ****ing deadly coz you'll b able to find a worthy opponent. Are there any other online fighting games out i havn't heard of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

You can Use MAME32K (MAME Emulator with Kaillera support) to play MAME online with your PC - then you can play stuff Like X-Men VS Street Fighter with worthy opponents !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Capcom versus snk 1 and 2 both had great potential.....then of course, i forgot it was a versus series game and obviously would suck.
    Pity that, they hacked the bejesus outta the snk characters, none of them move properly and they get owned by ken and ryu or anyone with a fireball.

But the worst thing i noticed was the sprite gfx, on the ps2 version anyway, what the hell is up there. Nicely polished 3d backgrounds and then these horrible looking pixellated things in the foreground. Its not even funny, the snes sprites looked better!

Yeah the sprites in some cases look a little crap but they could be worse. What do u mean they hacked the snk characters? Some of them can batter ken and ryu(I think sagat is better than those two anyway). Do you really think it's such a bad game? What would u say is the best of the street-fighter series?

Ah bugs is right , great 3d backgrounds and characters look **** ,
    I think by hacked he means they are just ripped from the orignal game and not really made again properly , i think .

Best street fighter series ? Street fighter 2 turbo /
    and street fighter rainbow edition . marvel vs capcom , street fighter 3 (third strike)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i am self proclaimed world champion of streetfighter :D

bring it on:D

ah cant wait for the ps2 to go online .

world ranking system !!!!!!!

• Advertisement

By hacked, i meant "hacked to bits". I'm not pushed that they redrew the characters using capcom artists, fair enuff, thats ok. The problem is that they changed the SNK play physics to capcom style stuff. Whats the point of having grooves if they snk characters can no longer run (the dash is too slow, it can't be cancelled) or do most anything that the kof series relies on.

And seeing as snk doesn't really go for the fireballs and stuff, and the fact they all had the speed of running and jumping taken away. It just makes it a nitemare trying to keep up with ken or ryu.

Well I have never actually played the snk games so call me an ignorant prick if u must but i don't think there are inequalities between ALL the snk characters and ryu & ken. Obviuosly oafs like Chang aren't going to have much of a chance but neither would gimps like zangief on the capcom side.Is Marvel vs capcom any good? I heard it was better?

Alot of the SNK characters are powerless against the capcom characters. Its not really balanced as the specials and moves of the snk characters aren't really suited to the way capcom games play. King of fighters itself is pretty unbalanced as is, with alot of different styles from alot of SNK's games trying to get in there.

Depends on the situation, haohmaru destroys m. bison and most characters that have long delays after attacks due to the huge damage a simple fierce sword attack can do ( same as samurai shodown). Blanka seems to murder everything, but thats nothing new. I'd say its just not possible to make it perfect, what they've done is ok, but its not great.

Played Marvel Versus capcom and the other variations, don't like em, but thats just me :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd whoop your ass at street fighter 2 champion edition ciscokid!

Advertisement