Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone at the young scientist thing?

Options
  • 10-01-2003 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hey was anyone here at the Young Scientist thing today? I saw a few CTYI people there. Some of the exhibits were really crappy. Like the Knot Tying exhibit, the staying Healthy in Athlone exhibit (all the athlone exhibits had athlone in their title for some reason) and the X-Box exhibit (stupid X-box! I hate Bill Gates!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Stop complaining about the exhibits. Lets weigh up the possibilities: 4 classes of school (including double typing class, which is hell) or a large ctyi reunion under the pretense of a science competition. Which would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The exhibitions there usually are pretty ****! What do you expect from 16 year olds :)

A guy from our school did a thing on that sleep paralisis thing (when you're not asleep and you're not awake, but you're paralised and freaking out from hallucinations). It sent me to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    A guy from our school did a thing on that sleep paralisis thing (when you're not asleep and you're not awake, but you're paralised and freaking out from hallucinations). It sent me to sleep.

That's actually pretty interesting. You wouldn't find it boring if you were having an operation, regained consciousness but were unable to move! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Oh Yes he would!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm exhibiting a load of total **** i did in about 15 minutes.... obviously didn't win a prize

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Spidergal

I was there too - third year running so I probably know some of you! Not very sure of anyones 'civilian' names but I was probably talking to you. There were so many ctyiers there. I didn't see the sleep paralysis thing though. What schools were you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I always love those "Mobiles are dangerous" ones.

Yes... this Esat sponsored event will be giving you it's prizes now. Well... i guess with O2 now... but...

Originally posted by Spidergal
    Not very sure of anyones 'civilian' names but I was probably talking to you
    Bet you can't guess my real name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Not very sure of anyones 'civilian' names

Why mine is Wayne... Bruce Wayne.

Would you like that good citizen.... would you like to ride with Batman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I am Conor with a Green Hand and Two Wrists.

Or, for those of you who want my actual official name it's Conor Lynch. And my middle name is Patrick for those of you who are familiar with the red question in "Trivial Pursuit: Conor Edition".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Spidergal

What schools are people in who were at the exhibition. Realise that sentence makes little sense but I am too tired to phrase it properly.....

Me and Conor go to/hate St Pauls college. The one in Raheny, Dublin, not the one in boggerton, or whatever the hell it's called.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Clare, I've lost your number! Your sister sent it to me but I didn't save it (you were in Italy) Text me if you're not still recoiling in horror from the YS disco

Advertisement