Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cit Students Unit

• 10-01-2003 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

no im not organising a strike

i am ranting however at the blockage of baords.ie that came into effect TODAY. the softare tells me that its prohibited as its a Web Chat

Ive already met with the head of Computer Ops, and will be talking to the Assistane Head of MCOM (Jim 0 Dwyer) to try and get it unblocked.

vital educational resource i tells ya !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

update :

I have been onto Jim. He said get back to him Thursday for results :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Supposedly <cough> there are ways around this when places block boards.ie - there are a few other addresses you can try. Don't have any to hand but I'm sure a posting on the admin board (DeV rarely answers PMs - probably gets too many whinge^H^H^H^H^H^Hpeople mailing him with complaints) would get you a few PMs with addresses

Yes yes yes

Thank to the good folk of Computer Ops and Jim O'Dwyer, I got myself BOARDS.IE :D

Just as well too, all that work was starting to effect me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

its 'blocked by webscene' again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but just use another address to get in.

tisnt

its working fine

some proxys that some people are using to access outside of webscence actually block the sites that webscence allows.

make sure that all external proxies not set by cit are tunred off, then try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

well open access or any of my labs won't let me just type boards.ie!

i dont know what to tell ya :D

what department are you with ? its possible they set it for mcom only ?

i assume youve tried to full URL www.boards.ie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

jaysus i rememebr jim o dwer when i went to college there...he caught me playing quake 2 in the fourth year project lab as it was known at the time dunno about now...he was not a happy camper about that altough all of us were playing it in the lab i was the only one lamped....ohhh them where the days

• Advertisement
Advertisement