Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lhidusb.sys

• 10-01-2003 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I think I'm going mad Ted.

Finally manage to get USB working. I then try to install my Logitech Wheel Mouse Optical into a USB port. All going well till I reboot and I get a blue screen informing that

"Windows cannot load device driver lhidusb.sys"

Shutdown, plug mouse into PS/2, reboot... works fine. But damnit I bought it for the USB function. I've tried updating the driver, still get same message (in Windows as well), tried updating Logitech MouseWare, no dice.

Running Win2k SP3.

Btw, the USB function works fine on laptop running Win98.

I also notice 2 devices in IRQ5 and 2 in IRQ10 when booting up, one of them is COMM Ctrlr I think, one is Multimedia Device... etc but no conflicts in device manager so... I dunno. The only conflict in there is the mouse.

Help, please, before I smash it up...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nevermind, I er... uninstalled everything got to do with the mouse (with the intention of starting from scratch) and um... it worked.

I don't care how or why, but its working and thats good 'nuff for me :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

when being reviewed on toms hardware they even had trouble with that Logitech mouseware, windows XP tho

they advised just use the mouse with windows default drivers for it tb

Advertisement