Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ender's Game

• 11-01-2003 1:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering if any one else has read anything by orson scott card especially ender's game, i read the entire saga and the first two books of the shadow saga and thought it was all good, anyone else familiar with his works?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I've read a lot of them. Card can be quite irritating at times but Ender's Game is almost flawless a fantastic book. I quite enjoyed Speaker for the Dead and Songmaster as well but a lot of his other stuff left me cold. Like the five Earthborn, Ships of Earth etc books my goodness they're dire.

I've heard tell that Ender's Shadow is worth a look I must pick up a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i was wondering what the earthborn series was like thanx for the opinion, yeah the shadow series is very good more along the line of ender's game then the other books, actucally there selling enders shadow in hardback in chapters on abbey street for 5 euro at the moment if your interested (new but looks like its been there a while)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Yes, read all of the Ender books..
    Really enjoyed them... Particularly Ender's Game.. Riveting reading..

Interestingly, he is also very well known for his Mormon writings and publications for the Church of LDS - Also great works of Science fiction?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Big Ted

There has, according to a book on war games I read many a year ago, been at least one NATO war games seminar with Ender's Game as the subject.

"There has, according to a book on war games I read many a year ago, been at least one NATO war games seminar with Ender's Game as the subject."

interesting, seems credible doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Absolutely amazing book - I litreally couldn't put the thing down... a nearly flawless masterpiece.

P.S. Is that offer still on on Abbey Street :P? Pft, I just paid 9 euro for Speaker for the dead softback last week - 5 euro for a hardback ender's shadow would be fantastic...

far as i now they still have some copies they are doing a bit of a clear out, there on a rack in the middle of the store near the sci-fi section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Thanks *Salutes your name* have an early finish tomorrow (12:10) so might hop into town after school :). Get to look at the spike too.

(I like the sign in name btw :) very nice!)

Advertisement