Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[rant]Eircom try to install ISDN 1 month after I cancel it..2 days after I get DSL

Options
  • 11-01-2003 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

..DSL Line test that is, from esatbt. When I got utv, I ordered ISDN. 1 Month ago,I rang up Eircom and said to forget about it, they said grand, and the ISDN was cancelled,although I was still stuck with the €200 ISDN modem they sent me.

So 2days ago I rang esatbt and they said they'd do a DSL line test, what arrives in the mail today?

"Dear Mr. ******
    Your Eircom Hi-Speed Line has been installed...."
    along with cd's, other pamphlets ect. Now I didnt see this until 1 or 2 hours ago (10/11pm), so eircom's help desk is closed. Luckily, the house god already rang eircom and said not to install ISDN,that esat are giving us dsl. The amount of lies they then threw down the phone had me raging.

firstly, eircom said that I can still get ISDN with DSL. Housegod says forget it, that all she wants is Esats DSL. Then Eircom have the cheek to say that Esats DSL is bad value for money,and has a cap. Although this is half right with the residential product,they really cant talk about either of these issues! Eircom are charging just as bad as esat are, and they have luducrious caps on their service. 3gb for 512k is much worse then 4gb for 256k. Then, of all things, Eircom say that Esats DSL is not flat rate. If I was on the phone,I'd have put them straight, but thankfully the housegod knew what she was dealing with, and she still refused. Then Eircom said they'd put us down as a maybe for ISDN, and would ring back tommorow to see if we've changed our mind. I'm planning on accepting the call tommorow, and setting them straight. Thank god my parent is informed,otherwise I'd be in a right mess now... [/rant]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by Tizlox
    ,although I was still stuck with the €200 ISDN modem they sent me.

a wha ??? 200 ??? gold plated or is valuable cause it has an eircom logo on it?? send it back - I know of 3 people who were sold ISDN TAs by Eircom and returned them for full credit. pm me if you want more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

€200 for an isdn modem is ludicrous, i paid 50 for mine ffs

unless your one has a bult in geforce 4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You were robbed.

heh

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Originally posted by dahamsta

You were robbed.

heh

adam

Exactly adam. And rather than point it out and rub it in you should investigate what happened. A lot of people that applied for ISDN were caought in much the same way by Eircon. Including myself who was caought for 2 Eircon ISDN modems at a huge price. Why not try to find out just how many people Eircon have done this too and do something about it? Include me too ok?

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

£30 pound sterling will buy you the best Isdn modem out there !

€200 is a joke

• Advertisement

Why not try to find out just how many people Eircon have done this too and do something about it?

Strictly speaking, they haven't really "done" anything to anyone. Buying an ISDN TA from Eircom is optional, subscribers don't have to buy it; and a minute or two's research on Google will show people that TA's simply don't cost €200.

Don't get me wrong, the price Eircom charges and the way they tend to railroad subscribers into them is absolutely scandalous, if not pretty close to fraud, but ultimately it's up to the consumer. If you feel you were robbed, why don't you complain to the Consumers Association about it?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭niallb

I picked up an ISDN modem for £10 from a german student who couldn't believe that by the time his ISDN line would have been installed, he would probably be back home.

I ordered ISDN two years ago, using an online form and specifically checked the box saying modem not required.

Of course it arrived a few days later in the post - Lasat Speed Basic serial/USB.
    I rang eircom and got them to send me out a prepaid envelope to return it in - didn't even have to pay postage (I did mention I wasn't willing to... ;-).)

Anyway, ordering a phone line from them took 7 months,
    upgrading to ISDN took 2 months,
    NOT ordering a modem from them took 2 days.

I rang eircom and got them to send me out a prepaid envelope to return it in - didn't even have to pay postage

You should have asked them to send round a manager so you could shove it up his butt and send him on his way.

adam

Why not try to find out just how many people Eircon have done this too and do something about it?

Strictly speaking, they haven't really "done" anything to anyone. Buying an ISDN TA from Eircom is optional, subscribers don't have to buy it; and a minute or two's research on Google will show people that TA's simply don't cost €200.

Don't get me wrong, the price Eircom charges and the way they tend to railroad subscribers into them is absolutely scandalous, if not pretty close to fraud, but ultimately it's up to the consumer. If you feel you were robbed, why don't you complain to the Consumers Association about it?

adam

Agreed adam. But when I asked for ISDN to be installed in my home and work they had advertised it for £90. My fault for not reading the small print and when the modem/s arrived in the post I thought nothing of it. I thought it was part of the parcel. But when I discovered what had happened (and was way out of pocket) I got on to the Omni Man and he made them change their Advert and their HP. The thing is though. How many ppl did they catch this way before it was discovered? And how long are they going to get away with these sorth of tactics?
    I say Shoot them NOW and worry about it later heh.

OHP

I rang eircom and got them to send me out a prepaid envelope to return it in - didn't even have to pay postage

You should have asked them to send round a manager so you could shove it up his butt and send him on his way.

adam

LOL Eircon Managers do NOT HAVE A BUTT! they dont have time to get a BUTT they are too buisy spending OUR money! :P

OHP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I dont effin beleive this..in the post today
    "Because there are a few preparations you need to make before your eircom hi-speed line is installed, we've [bollocks about the brochure here] so that you will be prepared when our technician calls.

What do these people hear when I say "no" ?
    When the technician arrives, he will be handed an ISDN modem and a goodbye, and a lesson in DSL > ISDN if he wishes to stay.

This has to be crossing a line...

Advertisement