Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I download IE4 with active desktop?

Options
  • 11-01-2003 5:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have an old computer so I use Windows 95 OSR2 on it. I want to have the quick launch toolbar. If I can download IE4 with active desktop this'll do the trick, does anyone know where I can download from, you can't download it from the microsoft website, I tried Kazaa aswell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Dunno about IE4, but you can still do it from IE5, as far as I remember. This will install IE5.5 SP2 with Active Desktop.

Download this file from the MS Site:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ie55sp2/install/5.5_sp2/win98me/en-us/ie5setup.exe

Save it to C:\

Open a Run dialogue box and type this (or copy/paste):

C:\ie5setup.exe /c:"ie5wzd /e:IE4Shell_WIN /I:Y"

If you have an IE5 installation cd, then change the C:\ to the path to the source, and then you'll only have to d/l the Active Desktop components instead of the whole shebang.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

Thanx Bard and dun_do_bheal. I did what u said dun_do_bheal and it worked perfectly, I had an IOL internet explorer disk so I only had to download the active desktop part, about 850KBs. Do u know the name of the file that it downloads so I can put it on disk? By the way I forgot about this post and just saw it today when I was havin a look over my posts.
    Cheers,
    Calman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Can't remember offhand, but I think it was something like IE4Shell_WIN.cab

Advertisement