Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

size of army

• 11-01-2003 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

Howdy,

Im looking to see what size armys people can field for the purposes of running competitions etc. Also what size painted/unpainted etc.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I could field about 1000 ponts right now, some models still need a bit of work to finsh them , two need to be assembled (Avatar and Fire Prism).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i could probably get together a 1000point craply painted army, about 3000/4000 points otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

10,000 points of space marines, but because of the size the army's paint jobs have changed drastically, got about 1000 points of blood angels, 4000 of ultra marines and 5000 of space serpents (my brothers sceme, my paint job), so it would look a little disorganised, I just never got around to painting them all space serpents :)

I could also field a 2,500 chaos army, 1000 eldar, 1500 ork, or 2000 tyranid army. The eldar and chaos probably looking the best of the lot, orks looking decent tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Cmon folks this one aint hard, I need the information for a competition Implanning next month.

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

1000 points painted, should have 1500 points by next month. Probably close enough to 1500 painting/unpainting now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I got about 3000 points paint I wreckon. I never really counted my army properly though. But that would be about it.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

same as regi...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

at a guess (and I haven't looked lately) I have the following currently fieldable as of this writing under 3rd ed. rules

1500/2000 pt. Space Wolves army
    1000/1500 Eldar Alaitoc

although I do have more stuff for both, I'm just not sure about legal army-list stuff and what's painted and what's not painted/finished. I'll need to take it all out and see what I /actually/ have as regards tournament standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Well i can field a 1500 nearly painted space wolves army and a 3500 also nealy pained ork army!!! generally 1000 is the best tournament size army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

At least 1500pts of the best brie marines of humanity.
    1500 is the tourny standard, can we stick to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

On the mention of tournie' rules, I have a copy of last year's Gaelcon 40k rules (draughted by The "Feldmarshall" himself which work rather nicely) if we decide to put a tournament in action.

I'd actually like to get a campaign system up though (non-competitive), using W40k, Epic, BFG (with Space-Hulk for any boarding actions or close-tunnel fighting planet-side in 40k scale) using a modified (old) "WarMaster" campaign system. I've thought about trying something like this for quite a while and I think I have a pretty decent solution in my head about how to mix the various games.

Advertisement