Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help Burning Bootable CD

• 11-01-2003 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

As the topic suggests i need help burning a bootable cd :)

Its an os, so what settings in Nero do i set or what? I tried using a tutorial with some other dos program but i made a balls of it :(

So any decent tutorials or is it straight forward enough to just tell me?

Thnxs

Btw I wasn't sure if this was the right boards so feel free to do what you want.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

Check out this site

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Thats the tutorial i tried. I did the win2k one and it didn't work at all but it worked to a degree on my friends comp.

Is there anyone ones for nero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

You need to make your iso in el-torito bootable cd format afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Start Nero, click Close Wizard, the New Compilation window should pop up. Scroll down the list on the left till you see "CD-ROM (BOOT)", click that.

Click New, drag all the OS files into the left window.

If the OS is in an IMG file, just click File -> Burn Image. It should have all the bootable CD settings in it already.

K thanks lads. I'll try that.

• Advertisement

Acually just a few questions,

Can i copy straight from cd? When i go to change the options of it says copy cd is this ok?

Also do i have to any kind of emulation?

I'm noob at this yes indeed.

Advertisement