Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wage slips

• 11-01-2003 4:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

We are having a niggling in our company about staff wage slips.

We have quite a few full time shop floor staff that get paid weekly (not set wages due to overtime or undertime etc but by the hour). We started out sending the wage slips to the staff's houses and flats but this proved unfeasable due to many reasons. We are currently working on a better way of distribution.

How do you get your payslip? All of my jobs in the past I had to go to head office and pick it up and saw no problem in that. Do you get yours sent to you?

-sleepless in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Most places I've worked, the Super just came round and handed em out to everyone. Guess it depends on the size of the company but I've never had a problem with doing it this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Most have the payroll / manager hand them out or let people collect them from the (on-site) office.

Builder's either give them to teh site foremen or have people collect them from head office.

Employment agencies tend to post them.

How about putting them with clock-in cards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I work for a big multi-national and we don't get pay slips, well, not in paper form.

They are all on the intranet (password protected, of course). Kinda handy, always available to check up and of course you can print it out if needed. They are not accessible from outside the workplace, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Where I work our pay slips are there but I never bother taking mine. As long as the money gets put into my account, I'm happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what youre talking about Gordon is waged as oposed to salaried.

when i was working in jobs ona n hourly rate, i would always get my pay slip from my manager.
    when ive been salaried, ive always had my payslip sent to my house.

i dont think its that imporant, after all, it is only a trecord of how much money you got for a month (or week)
    as long as the moneys therem and the record shows what you recieved, theres no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I work in the Mid-Western Health Board and we get ours sent out to each department.

If you want however, you can choose to get it mailed to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

Don't think it really matters where you get your wage slip. All you really use it for is to check the net amount paid to you weekly/monthly and check it against what your expecting to get.

its handy when your only working part time ... you can check the total amount paid to yourself and see if you can get any tax back... ahh the good auld days when i use to get tax back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Well, my old job they used to just pay u on a friday straight up when u brought in your hours.

Currently I get my wage slip in my pay packet which are left in whichever shop you werk in in the chain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

from working in the payroll dept of a big recruitment agency, the way u receive your payslip is pretty much determined by your employer...

If they want to post your payslip to you, then you are required to provide a valid postal address, otherwise your choice is limited to picking it up at your head office/main admin place of your work...

Advertisement