Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who is the most impressive playmaker?

• 11-01-2003 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

me think it's zidane, followed by rui costa.
    what is your opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Zizi will always be up there as long as hes playing, even on an off day he can turn a match around.

But theres Hakin Yakin too, very influential player.

In the premiership, Id have to go with Zola or Scholes. Scholes can play in any attacking role IMO. He impresses me most when playing with England behind the front two.

Oh ya and maybe Vladimar Smicer :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

i'm agree with you for scholes.

we have to add, ballack and aimar.

hey! it's not zizi, it's zizou;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Definitely Zizou.
    Anyone see the Real V Valencia game? ... he was unbelievable.

yes i saw it, zizou was amazing in the last action of the match, his skill is something unreal.
    i'm thinking too, at his volley in the final of cl last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zidane is like a tap turns it on when he wants to.

To me its Aimar ,dont think Djalminha is still playing he would have got it ,Moravcik off Celtic tho he was wasted there he was a class player would loving to have seen him with a decent team.

The playmakers are always overlooked unless they have a 10 million Nike contract.

Shame that they ones who make the team play.

kdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Zini Zidane, Bergkamp and Baraja.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I know he hasn't shown it until recently for United but I must say that Seba Veron is a great playmaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Veron can be excellent but not as often as he used to. Aimar is good and usually very consistent and Zizou is fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

In the premiership, I reckon Tugay (Blackburn Rovers) is probably the one of the most consistantly good playmakers. (man of the match against united last week).

That guy Benariba (spelling?) for ManCity when he's on top form is something special. Problem is he's not consistant enough.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fabrice Fernandes, brings others into the game very well and can hold up the ball to let defenders go past him on the overlap. CAn score em aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Veron in Europe This Season. Deffo.
    Zidane always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Zidane followed by Del Piero then Totti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭peeve

in the premiership, i would say Bergkamp - he links the play so well - i'd have to agree with zidane as the european choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Berkovic has been playing well with city, imagine the damage he can do now supplying through balls to Fowler and Anelka

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

In the premiership you all seem to be overlooking one player who has been trying to carry the whole west ham team this past 3 months!! Di Canio!! now there is a player that can make things happen!! imagine him with man utd or liverpool!! or Pires!! his vision is second to none!! Class

Advertisement