Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ISP shall I choose?

Options
  • 23-08-2000 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Should I just use some free one? like indigo, and pay for every minute or should I choose esat with the flatrate? Is there anyone else that offers some good deal? And how much would you have to surf to reach 20 pounds... maybe its better to stick to indigo.

And which one has the best ping? routers, switchers and lines.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

I have both Indigo for during the day (plus email address etc.), and Esat for the evenings. I find them pretty much the same, except that with Esat/IOL you can leave the PC on from 6pm on Sat - 8am on Monday, without paying a penny. If you did this with any other companies, it would cost you a fortune, and its also handy for overnight downloads, so that you can set something to download before you go to bed and disconnect when you wake up for school/work, which will cost you again with the non flat rate isp's. As for pings etc, depends I suppose, but I have about the same on both ISP's for games.

Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Ooh, ooh, a technology post! Wait, don't tell me... it goes on the... lemme guess... technology board? Right! Yay me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

use esat surf no limits. a lot of ppl complain about pings and getting disconnected, but its nearly always been very good for me. Sometimes during the day esat gives high pings, and occasionally at night the connection is so weak u keep timing out of IRC and stuff. but usually it is good. and way cheaper than any other isp if u use the internet a lot offpeak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

But still.. its the only flatrate ISP... And if you surf 2 hours a day during weeks and say 4 hours a day on weekends you get over 25 pounds easly... and I'm connected more than that.. So I guess I dont have much choice do I?

Another thing..

Would you mind posting IPs to servers for

CS, AQ2, UT, Q3 and what pings you get?

Also... anyone that plays Diablo2 and what ping do you get from the realms in europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Stop posting the same questions on two sub boards, it gets annoying to see your posts all over the gaf.

It's about a society in freefall....

• Advertisement
Advertisement