Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpools lineup today

• 11-01-2003 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Well this is a change. I think Diuof on the wing makes sense cos he made alot of runs against Man city albeit into the corner flag. But he linked up with Mellor well a few times that day.

Kirkland

Carragher
    Henchoz
    Hyypia
    Riise

Murphy
    Diao
    Gerrard
    Diouf

Mellor
    Owen

PS: Hope I wont be eating my words later. Fingers corossed:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

GOALLLLLLLLLLL

Owen 38 min. Hes back (I hope)

Im the eternal optimist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

At least Vlad the Inhaler isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

So will we try and increase our lead by ATTACKING.....or will we defend deep, let Villa have all the chances and end up losing 2-1.

Only time will tell...

Oh ya West Ham lead Newcastle 2-1. Early days yet but its looking nice at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sheeeeze...:(

Mike.

• Advertisement

DITO:mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Me thinks that yer biggest worry is making champions league if Necastle win their game in hand ye will be 6 points behind Chelsea. Mid table team now....... sure not to worry ye will avoid the relegation battle! :D

Gwan the mighty villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by jonno
    Well this is a change. I think Diuof on the wing makes sense cos he made alot of runs against Man city albeit into the corner flag. But he linked up with Mellor well a few times that day.

Kirkland

Carragher
    Henchoz
    Hyypia
    Riise

Murphy
    Diao
    Gerrard
    Diouf

Mellor
    Owen

PS: Hope I wont be eating my words later. Fingers corossed:p

I liked that lineup.
    I think I like any lineup that does not have Taore as he cannot play.

I thought Mellor is/was greedy. He likes to shoot from anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I was at the match, behind the goal for both goals.

Diouf was awful, and was not held in kind regard by the majority of fans around me, lots of calls of Rubbish etc......... Mellor was also ineffective against a painfully ordinary Villa side. The really needed Hamann's aggresive tackling and passing ability, because half the time they were playing head tennis, very very ugly football. What had to beat all tho's was smicea, when he came on it looked like he had just gotten out of bed, the man was a danger to himself and his teammates.

First time I was ever at Anfield and heard the team booed by the home fans at the final whistle, for what they perceived as a lack of giving a sh**. 15 Minutes to go and it looked like they were settling for a draw, that seemed to get peoples backs up.

Still a fantastic atmosphere tho' scarves up at the start to a chorus of you'll never walk alone, shame the team doesn't have the heart to match that of the fans. Houllier has bought too much filler, not enough thriller and they don't even have the fight in them to compensate. By the way, Cheryou was terrible when he came on. Didn't look very comfortable with the ball at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Why does he persist in playing strikers as wingers on the left. Is Cheyrou not a natural left winger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

No he isn't. Mellor plays on the left wing, can't understand why he is being played up front at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Seems to be taking a page outta Mick McCarthy's book with playing wingers up front and most others outta position.

Cheyrou is a left midfielder, well thats where I heard he played in the French youths anyway.

Latest news from the Blackburn camp is that Duff wont be leaving, but thats what Souness is saying anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

So Cheyrou is a natural left midfielder, if not a winger. Why then does GH keep playing strikers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Because GH has totally lost the plot basically.
    He hasnt played the same first eleven in 2 consecutive games in over 2 years in the Prem. How can a team in any sport perform to their ability if there's no stability or consistency. Not possible.
    I think he must have Alzeimers or Parkinsons coz there's definitely something gone in his head.

Advertisement