Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture very dark with Xbox RGB Scart Cable

Options
  • 11-01-2003 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've just hooked up my whizzbang new RGB SCART + Optical audio cable and I'm disappointed to note that the picture is too dark to be useable. :(

I have an unmodded 1.1 Xbox.
    The cable is 3rd party (Game.co.uk) "Digital Audio SCART cable" (no part number on it) cost me €23.
    My television is a Philips 28" Widescreen (model number 28PW6006), about 6 months old.

It's plugged into AV1 as recommended for RGB sources (in the TV manual) and turning up the brightness makes the blacks turn grey- equally unusable. When the brightness is turned up (or when the Xbox displays a perfectly white screen) there's a noticeable shadow moving left to right across the screen at about 5-10 Hz.

Any ideas? I got the smegging cable after reading how much better than composite video it's supposed to be! The digital audio (optical) works perfectly.

Advertisement