Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manakin, Excellent gig

Options
  • 11-01-2003 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Was anyone at the Manakin gig last night, they rocked Brysons to the core. Peter, Micky and Phado produced a better sound between three people than bands such as slipknot could even dream of between nine!

They were supporting an also equally good act called Swurve, who were absolutely stunning. Look out for them, they are releasing an album soon, and their bassist is a nut!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah!!! One of the best gigs i've been to in a while!!! The place was electric!! I was really impressed by Manakin, and i thought Swurve were amazing!!!
    I thought the mime stole the show!!
    P.S - Anyone see my dance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

yes they ****in rocked!
    i unfortunatly only saw manakin play 3 songs, i came in just before basket case, (when peter was threratening bubbles!)
    they rocked!
    swerve wer also very very good. i thought that the opening song which they wrote themselves was unbelieavable!
    a good night with good tunes good peeps and good craic. yes king i saw you dancin. i was holdin a glass of bull opposite you discussing garys shirts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

I might add that the unbelievable song, entitled "Out Of Time", was written by the nutter of a bassist whilst he was on the toilet! I agree, it was totally stunning, it blew me away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

I only managed to get the last couple of songs...
    great debut...

:)

Goddamit Johnny!! Are you stalking me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Are you stalking me?
    hahahha

I think its the other way round......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

i take it u were the stoned guys in the corner with the comedy length splif?

I was also there (but who am i muhhahhaha, and im not from magherafelt) but im not sure i feel the same as u guys. Ok they were quite good ( and i give them alot of respect for gettin up and doin it) but they werent leathal. More experience playin live and a bit of technical tweaking and there would be geatly improved. I think this cus i knwo they have leathal skillz ( i see them in school frequently) and could sound better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

i thought they were damned sweeeeet!! stick in some alice in chains and they would have rocked all the more

swurve BLEW ME AWAY!

Darren, you're right, they literally did blow you away!! You left during their set!!
    I have to agree about AiC though, I think ''them bones'' would have fitted in nicely, don't you agree?

i take it u were the stoned guys in the corner with the comedy length splif?
    lol, know but we know who it probably was.
    and as for the mr bongoes, who could it be?!?!?!
    no seriously, who the feck is it!!!??

• Advertisement

well im sorry jeff, but i had to go!! anyway, its not like the place was still crowded. we were one of the last ones to leave!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Manakin

Thanx For all the cool things u's said about Our gig. I think I speak for everyone when i say it was a lethal night. I really wanna have another gig as soon as possible. I know we can do better cos a) we pissed up technicaly a few times and i dont intend to do that again eg what the hell was with my guitar tuning for about a girl?!? and b) i wont be ****ting myself this time and so things should be , well , a little more fun/chaotic this time if i have anything to do with it.
    At the minute im trying to learn new songs and write my own cos im sure u dont want to hear us play the exact same set again, but we aint got no time to practice with school, girlfriends and more importantly no money. I dunno, i just wish we had another gig lined up, u know give us motivation etc etc instead of just picking our asses and eating dried **** everyday for the rest of our lives (sory thats only fado). C u later. Mick-e.

surely uns no a few more songs thna what uns played??

i wud mind the same as before as long as u had Where Did You Sleep Last Night as a proper song, got rid of that horrendous goo goo dolls song, lost the oasis and pumpkins song and added in alice in chains and pearl jam (and sung everlong better) and a few others. oh and made the gig longer!

and..and...and got me in for free...i could go on forever, but i will stop

Pete, get some t-shirts organised!!! I'd buy one, the fairy would definately buy one, think of the money you'd make!!!
    You guys'll get another gig no bother, old man bryson was very impressed!!!

um, that wasnt peter, it was michael

Oh fiddlestix!!

IM SPAMMING IN THE RAIN,
    JUST SPAMMING IN THE RAIN,
    WHAT A WONDERFUL FEELING,
    IM HAPPY AGAIN,
    IM SPAMMING IN THE RAIN,
    YES SPAMMING IN THE RAIN,
    IM SPAMMING,
    SPAMMING IN THE RAIN !
    DADADADADADADADADAAAAA!dING.

MUHAHA you still dont know who i am.

You're probably phado!

your name is James

Im that guy who shouts ****ing hell!

How dare you suggest i was phado, u lamearse no skillz waster!

The question is whotf are you guys?

I know that guy connor i think. He comes to teh radiators and stands beside phado in an attempt to offer him sexual favours, also using the know he has for an applet.

• Advertisement

hey jensen/klaus/hiphop, andy chance of another manakin gig anytime soon? or a pearl jam one? ;)

No, none soon, they haven't requested another gig, at least not officially, and hence, they haven't got another one. I do know however two very interesting snippets of information, which are,

(a) Swurve have requested Manakin's support again next time they play Bryson's,

and,

(b) "Old Man Bryson" was very impressed by Manakin's performance, and will be happy to grant them another supporting role, should they request one.

So there you have it, you are up to date!

cool stuff. apparently they wanna play somewhere else first though

To manakin - Don't bite the hand that feeds you!! Old man bryson has some very powerful drug baron friends!!!

aye bollocks mr bongoes!
    sexual favors? i ask him for a drum lesson from time to time!

Old man bryson has some very powerful drug baron friends!!!

If by "drug barons" you mean cigarette companies, and beer companies, then yes. If by "friends" you mean associates, then yes. WATCH YOUR BACK MANAKIN, OR GUINNESS WILL BE AFTER YOUR BLOOD!!!!!

or, alternatively, money

Fairy loves Phado!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

muhaha gud decent gig, tho the nefarious proverbial f and sterile fish will soon rise above manakin 2 take their place as the number 1 and 2 act at brysons of all time! waTCH this space....

• Advertisement

yea, sure thing....:confused:

Advertisement