Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question on computers and music. (any help would be great)

Options
  • 11-01-2003 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Just looking for opinions on what is the best software for
    1. getting music
    2. editing music
    3. making/recording music through the computer.

I'm really looking for software to record the obvious instruments for your average teenage ****e band e.g. guitar, bass, then drums and vocals.

I know of something which can connect a guitar to a computer, I obviously don't know much on this topic though.

thanks a million for even reading this.

*goo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 PalerPaul

Sound forge, reason (its the name of a program), and Cubase. They are the best for doing all editting and stuff. They are used by people in the inustry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Cool Edit, Fruity Loops, erm and an abundance of others that I cant think of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Thanks very much, I'd been to the cakewalk site, but I wasn't sure if they were good.

They make fruity loops and cubase as far as I know.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

afaik steinberg makes cubase

reason is made by propellerheads
    but that's more for producing electronica...

sound forge is the daddy of all wave editors, well worth getting a copy... there should be a demo at sonicfoundry.com

cooledit is a half decent free alternative (at least i think it's still free, havn't used it since i got sf 4.5)

Advertisement