Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

underground?

Options
  • 11-01-2003 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

how would you define underground?
    i would define it as musicians/bands that are unsigned and play pubs and small venues religiously until they are, or purely for a love of music.
    so how can Girls Aloud >shudder< have a song called The Sound Of The Underground?
    admittedly it is annoyingly catchy, but they have (more than likely) never had to play a gig in a cramped den in front of mebbe 50 people. just my tuppence.
    reply, flame, forget

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Vladivar

underground to me is doing it for the love of the music
    it doesn't mean you cant be signed, but just dont sell
    out too much. The whole Girls Aloud thing, Lets think
    do you think they even wrote the sound anyway?
    I wouldn'd think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by superconor
    so how can Girls Aloud >shudder< have a song called The Sound Of The Underground?

Maybe theyre implying that listening to their record is akin to listening to a train go by?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Underground is any style of music that hasn't yet been homogonised by MTV or heralded as the 'next big thing' by the popular Musical press. It has nothing to do with how many people a band plays in front of as far as I'm concerned.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Underground is someone that has a table with a table cloth over it and decks on top, with everyone off their heads :p and music doesn't stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

DIE GIRL ALOUD DIE!!! along with all other CR*P pop people!
    Underground my ar*e!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

underground isnt a type of music as far as im concerned

people talk about the underground scene in their area, meaning the bands who play their local area regularily

example: the seattle underground scene in the late 80s - mudhoney, nirvana etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

thanks for the replies.
    i agree,manufactured-pop is crap.
    yes i agree with pyure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Lenny
    Underground is someone that has a table with a table cloth over it and decks on top, with everyone off their heads :p and music doesn't stop.
    :D
    good reply, you just voiced my feelings perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

underground pretty much means outside of the mainstream and girls aloud are slap bang in the middle of the stream

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

I r teh und0rground!!!

... no really - i am....

• Advertisement
Advertisement