Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President bush lies about the 911 attacks and is caught out by a 3rd grader!!!!!

Options
  • 12-01-2003 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Unbelievable,
    President bush lies about the September the 11th attacks and is caught out by a 3rd grader, in the states.
    Why would he lie about something like that?
    I was reading a post on another site about a speech by Bush that CNN were broadcasting live. The speech was of a "town meeting" at the Orange County Convention Centre in Orlando, Florida, where President Bush was answering non-challenging questions from a sycophantic town audience. Bush was talking about what happened on September 11th and how he heard of the atrocities in New York. Now from what I remember Bush was supposed to be in a school talking to some kids when his chief of staff whispers the news into his ear, hell I remember headlines about that, but from what he told this town he was not.
    Here is a quote from an official “White House” publication:
    Q One thing, Mr. President, is that you have no idea how much you've done for this country. And another thing is that, how did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack? (Applause.)
    THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, Jordan. Well, Jordan, you're not going to believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I was in Florida. And my Chief of Staff, Andy Card -- actually, I was in a classroom talking about a reading program that works. I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident. But I was whisked off there, I didn't have much time to think about it. And I was sitting in the classroom, and Andy Card, my Chief of Staff, who is sitting over here, walked in and said, "A second plane has hit the tower, America is under attack."
    If you read the article further you will see what I am talking about.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/12/20011204-17.html
    The part I am talking about is second question from the bottom and is asked by some kid from 3rd grade but if u select a bit of the quote and search the page u will find it.

How can he say that he was watching the first plane hit the tower when that could not have been true. If he was watching the first plane hit the tower it could have only mean that it was a replay of surveillance footage or armature footage which did not surface for hours and in most cases a day or two. When I found out I was watching SKYONE on day off and there was one of their news flashes “Plain crashes into Twin Towers”. I changed channel and watched for about half an hour (not 100% about that ½ hr, could have been more or less) before the theories about terrorists started to emerge and I saw no footage of the first attack until well after the second plain hit. So what does this mean? That he entered the classroom knowing about the attacks? That he decided that this attack did not need his attention and that he should read a story about a goat to a classroom full of kids?

Also…
    As Associated Press reported on September 12th: “In Sarasota, Florida, Bush was reading to children in a classroom at 9:05 a.m. when his chief of staff, Andrew Card, whispered into his ear. The president briefly turned sombre before he resumed reading. He addressed the tragedy about a half-hour later.”
    WTF??? Did he not think that he should do anything? That nothing could have been done? It was at the end of that half an hour that another plane hit the Pentagon. Oh and "Briefly" remained sombre?? He's just been told that commercial airliners have struck the New York twin towers. Death and destruction on a massive scale was already obvious and the President was "briefly sombre" before continuing to read a children's story? And he also goes on to talk about being the commander in chief and that it is important for him to act and so on? What? When it does not interfere with his story telling obligations?

So what does one take from all this? That Bush knew about the attacks before they happened and was not worried? That he is a liar and warmonger? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

[troll]I just can't believe they let that ****wit fly.[/troll]

Sorry, i just had to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thread closed going nowhere.

Gandalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement