Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex release date ?

Options
  • 14-08-2000 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does anyone know when it is due for release? I've played the demo and it seems like a worthy buy.

dyin ain't much of a livin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It was released on August 4th. I finished it Saturday ffs smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

finished already?..

its erm, a bit long isnt it.

(I have no idea where I am smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hmm, ive just finished newyork.
    as far i know theres another 3(?) places to go through. so far there's been more plot twists that an agatha christy novel put through a pplot twisting machine and then twisted up and ploted in a twisting plot twister
    oh, and i love that sniper rifle. mine is done up to the nines and now i can actually shoot people 2 levels away, thats how good it its! i expect all the guys in hong kong are dead from my sniping in newyork smile.gif

More than three places to go Eamo, oh yes smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If you play through a second time and make different choices : i.e. kill the terrorist leader instead of that annoying psycho Navarre, do you get different levels, or does the plot do a turn around to lead you to the same ones?

I'm in the middle of escaping from UNATCO and wondering if the quarter master would dob me in if I go looking for ammo. I'm also a bit suspicous of that doctor guy.

Sniper rifle is good alright - I've got it fitted with a recoil, two accuracy's and a silence smile.gif

Class game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I NEED TO GET THIS GAME, but I still haven't sorted my PC out frown.gif

One of the guys here at work has it - I might just invite myself along to his house and play it smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

I WAS THINKING THAT MYSELF ABOUT THE DIFFERENT SCENARIOS
    oops, sorry bout caps!
    next time i'll play on easy and just do stuff different, like shoot navaro instead of the terrorist. has anyone actually managed to kill navaro in the subway and then killed gunther up the steps?
    is it possible to escape into the chopper in the park?
    is there any way to save your brother?
    is there anyway to kill your brother. i tried this, aparently hes dying, but with LAMs and a few rockets and a few GEP rockets and lots of shotgun shootings, he still killed me!
    oh, and the shotgun you get in the m12 base is cool. 12 sgot automatic shotgun. better than the stupid 4 shot pump action.
    and it sounds loverly in surround sound too

you can save your brother, just involves setting up loads of lams etc in the corridor before you talk to him in the hotel, then box him in with as much stuff as possible so it takes him longer to get to the fight smile.gif

also if you so much as wing him yourself, he turns on you and fights to the death, so dont do that. doesnt impact the story majorly, apparently. check forums in www.deus-ex.org for lotsa tips and discussions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

just d/l the demo
    d/l speed 550kb/sec smile.gif

• Advertisement

It's probably possible to escape from Gunther into the park - I just couldn't be bothered. I never really explored the ventalation shafts along the subway wall. Maybe there's a way into the park from there?
    I know one leads into one of the tramp's huts so you can attack from behind, but then in run two guys with flame throwers. If you kept switching from the tramp's hut to coming out the main subway exit - you could probably kill all the UNATCO guards. The problem is the military robots - I hit one with 3 missiles and it still didn't die. There is a wimpy robot guarding one of the exits to the park so you might be able to kill that and avoid the bigger ones. It'd be enormously difficult and take ages tho smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

has anyone actually managed to kill navaro in the subway
    Yes

and then killed gunther up the steps?
    I shot him about 25 times in the head with a sniper rifle from behind a barricade I had set up so that noone could come down, so I don't think so.

is it possible to escape into the chopper in the park?
    I couldn't

is there any way to save your brother?
    Nope, if he doesn't get killed by the MIB's, he goes down in glory.

is there anyway to kill your brother. i tried this, aparently hes dying, but with LAMs and a few rockets and a few GEP rockets and lots of shotgun shootings, he still killed me!
    No, as from GE, I saw him say 'I am invincible!' (well, not really)

oh, and the shotgun you get in the m12 base is cool. 12 sgot automatic shotgun. better than the stupid 4 shot pump action.
    Not as much fun as scrambler grenades biggrin.gif

and it sounds loverly in surround sound too
    I have the same, a creative system, its excellent, especially when you put the woofer up ful, you feel EVERYTHING

Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

you are wrong there nitro, I managed save paul in the hotel room , however there is no escape from ending up in the mj12 base, but then I am playing with nsf , sometimes I wonder what would of happened that fateful day on the 747 if I hadn't of killed ann, wwman what skill level are you with the rifles cause it makes a big difference, however I nearly alway stick with the dragon's tooth , me being a master with low tech weapons and all smile.gif

I put my pistol level up to advanced straight away and put a scope on the silenced pistol. Deadly combination smile.gif

Usually takes two shots to kill people tho - even if you shoot them in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

nice game,
    but looks a bit nasty on my rage mobility on the laptop...
    walls look v.odd

im only level 2 on the rifle, but its packed up, thers no waving around, and theres no recoil.

as for playing with NSF, its inevitable it seems, i shot yer man on the plane, and yet the plot still makes you transmit to the other terroritsts and you get chased by unatco anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

ahh well, I was kinda of hoping that you could play it agin as unatco , see it seems there is 4 different endings....

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I don't think you have any choice but to go with NSF, for plot reasons.
    I'm on the last level now. I've been playing it solidly for the last week.
    ..and I *mean* solidly. I'm pally with the dawn these days.

Doe's ne1 else find the crossbow almost useless? I shot a guy in the head with a normal dart and it didn't kill him. If you shoot them with a tranquiliser they still hit the alarm unless they're far enough away. I havn't even tried the flare darts. What could they do but give you away? It'd be cool if they set people on fire smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Woah. Just finished it on Realistic. That was a marathon. What a great game. Normal life can now resume.

Oh, and i would imagine crossbows would be more effective if you were at master level. ]

The sniper rifle is absolutely lethal at master, one shot even destroys cmeras, turrets etc.

• Advertisement

Realistic! I'm playing at the medium (whatever it's called) and just by dropping the crowbar to whip out the lock pick in the first Hong Kong mission six guards came running!.......into a hail of bullets biggrin.gif

I've got 5 recoil mods and 3 ammo mods on the assaut rifle smile.gif kick ass

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I played it for the first time this weekend - WOW!

Fan-fluffing-tastic game. Come back ION Storm, all is forgiven (just don't let Romero do anything again biggrin.gif)

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Romero should be locked in a cupboard.

What you do on your own time.........

biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm flying off to hong kong after aligining the 3 satellite dishes and sending the message. Please tell me i'm only about 1/10 of the way through the game !! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Closer to 1/3rd... but hey, Deus Ex 2 is in planning stages smile.gif

Top, top game. Love it to bits. I'm not QUITE finished - I think I'm nearly there, since I'm starting to see glimmers of the four different endings, so there's probably only a couple more levels to go. Sadly I won't get a chance to finish the game until I get my PC from Ireland and set it up... arrrghh! smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

You think u got problems - I've just got to Paris and I have to stop playing it cos of exams frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Btw, has anyone ever killed one of those military robots? I hit one with 4 rockets and an emp. There were a few sparks coming out of him but he didn't seem to be any the worse for wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Finished it at about 7.30 on thursday morning smile.gif Great ending levels and end sequences I must say. I've heard there are 4 endings? Only 3 were revealed to me, maybe thats got something to do with choices I made earlier in the game.

I am inflatible !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Okay little help. How do I get in to he Flight control room 1 so I can unlock the helipad ? I've scowered everywhere in that base and I'm stuck

Advertisement