Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any musicians into Dashboard Confessional / Alkaline Trio / Ben Folds Five read...

Options
  • 12-01-2003 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

There's a severe lack of bands in Dublin that write music because they love to write music.

You may not agree with me, but I think those three bands above, in addition to being muscially brilliant, write (or in BFF's case, wrote ) songs with real heart.

I'm a guitarist located on the south side looking to form a hard-working band that can play a mixture of electric and acoustic songs; songs, as I said before, with real heart.

I'm looking for a drummer (you don't have to be amazing, we're not looking for a Jimmy Chamberlain), a good bassist who likes to play a very active, important part of the band, and if you're a guitarist who is interested in any of the above bands, why not give it a go too?

If anyone's interested (don't be shy) please e-mail me at splatoutofluck@hotmail.com .

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

I can't play anything or i can't sing but i've got a real heart. And i love BFF. I can come up with the odd great lyric. when do i start, how much do you pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

Hehe, I pay by the letter.

(Note to self: What a novel idea. Hire this guy to write your songs.)

But yes, weren't Ben Folds Five great?
    Jesus, I'd kill to have seen them live.

"Rockin' the Suburbs" really is one great big pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Originally posted by Splatz

"Rockin' the Suburbs" really is one great big pity.

Please explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Splatz

I just don't like it.

It doesn't nearly live up to any of Ben Folds Five's material IMO.
    I mean, even BFF's Naked Baby Photos album, with the unreleased and live stuff, is way way way better.

It's just a shame they had to split.

Advertisement