Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A mouse with a mind of its own

• 12-01-2003 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

First time using a laptop(gateway solo-2500)running win-98.The problem is when I am using the onboard mouse(touch-pad) if you do a command like click back or delete or simalar with it and leave it sitting over the particular button it will repeat the process all on its own.Is this a software issue or a hardware problem(as in the mouse is fu*ked).When I plug in a normal mouse through one of the external ports,no problem.Any ideas??
    Thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

i had a gateway solo and had the same problem, I usually tried using a normal mouse when using the laptop. It must be a hardware issue with the gateway. There's also a known issue of the gateway solo's screen to flicker all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

it aligns itself with the default choice when an option is presented ,

if your choice is OK or Cancel and OK is the DEFAULT of the pair (the highlighted one) the mouse pointer will jump over to it.

turn it off in the synaptic touchpad control panel (or mouse control panel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭crazyasafox

I had a look for that today muck but could not find anything to do with adjusting the settings for the touch pad,any idea where it might be?.Failing that I will drop gateway a mail
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ISTR the touchpad is a Synaptics.

If you run off the default 'PS2 Mouse' drivers that come with windows you may not have this level of control but if you download the synaptic (or synaptics) driver for win98 and reboot you will then get a more controllable touchpad via the mouse control panel with scroll zones and taps and stuff, well worth it IMO and should sort your problem.

M

Advertisement