Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SACD - Hack anyone?

Options
  • 13-01-2003 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a hack for an SACD. I heard murmers about a marker but wasn't sure how to do it?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

What are you talking about?
    Playing an SACD in a non-compatible DVD/CD player?
    Ripping the audio onto computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Playing an SACD in a non-compatible DVD/CD player?
    Yes. I have a non-compatible Philips DVD player plugged into a Yamaha Amp. The SACD was only 10e so I took a gamble on it.
    Ripping the audio onto computer?
    That would be nice but would I require a CD drive that reads SACD??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I think only certain SACDs will play on non fully-compatible hardware... but I've never heard of any hack, then again I don't really know too much about the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

AFAIK:
    This is technically impossible. SACD cd's are sampled at something like 1 MHZ compared with the 44.1 or 96 that most DVD audio or CD players are designed to handle. And SACD players don't output this high-frequency digital bitstream outside the box. So basically unless your player has the SACD chip inside it to convert the SACD bits into standard digital frequencies or analog signals, nothing will come out.
    the other standards of DVD-audio and HDCD are backwards compatible to some extent.

Advertisement