Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an english "address" for a bank account

Options
  • 13-01-2003 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I would like to setup an English bank account.However I live in Ireland and they will post forms to the address I give as "my residential" address in England.I don't know anyone there.Anyone know of a service , perhaps something similar to a po box that I could use ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I had 2 mates who moved to london last year and they have told me the bank regs are now as strict as here, due to money laundering and various other tax evasive schemes.

To the best of my knowledge, no such service exists for the puroposes of a bank account.

Other than that, the experience of opening a bank account seems a rocky road in England- especially if you are not a resident or citizen- let alone not having any address. My friends resorted to dealing in cash mostly.

Some other peeps might know more about it perhaps post somehting on the "Abroad" board as we do have a few mems who are living and working in britain. hth.

Advertisement