Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with DVD Sound

Options
  • 13-01-2003 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine is having a problem with his DVD player and TV

Powerpoint DVD Player
    Panasonic TV (around 5yrs old)

The sound level when he plays DVDs is so bad that he has to turn the TV right up to the top volume to hear it. This creates that buzz you get when speakers are turned up full and is ruining the movie for him.
    He has tried the DVD player out on a different TV (his brothers) and it works fine.

Anyone any suggestions/fixes?

Ta Kindly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Heya btw ;),

Is it going directly into the t.v or is it going through vcr or anything?

If it is, try plug directy into the t.v.

Otherwise its just down to the t.v, the speakers on it could be blown, when I hook up my PS2 to my T.V i have to adjust the volume like himself, but I no distortion at high volume, blown speakers would give that annoying hissing noise.

Try mess about with the with DVD audio settings, he may have it on Dobly 5.1 whereas he has no 5.1.

Just remember its never a good idea to turn your t.v off with the volume up pretty high, you can blow speakers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

This could be a connection problem as well. Make sure that the TV socket and dvd cable are both the same balance 50 Ohm or 75 Ohm. It sounds like the sound signal is being attenuated somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Hows the form Samba? :)

Yeah its plugged into the TV. I suspect the speakers are in sht as well but I'll tell him about the sound settings.

Thegills, how would he go about checking that they are the same balance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

To see if they are funked, plug in a set of headphones and see what that gives.

Advertisement