Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Arms

• 13-01-2003 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hey guys whats the best way to beef up your arms?
    My arms seem to be the only part of my body that doesn't gain any weight. Could it be my diet?

Comments

I am in the exact same boat . My are are so skinny for the rest of my body . It doesnt matter how much weights i lift they just dont change .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

What do you currently do?

I find with arms, the key to getting decent growth is not from heavy low rep bulking sets - but rather developing a personal routine which gets them as pumped full of blood as possible.

Static holds, curls with constant tension (never letting arm go slack), and perfect slow form for higher numbers of reps with a variety of exercises is what I currently do.

Though I have used a number of approaches over the years.

A side note - Don't neglect triceps - start with working on narrow grip bench/push ups and develop up to parallel dips. Triceps make up the bulk of your arm muscle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭124124

Quite right. IMO, Triceps are one of the underrated areas and normally gets neglected because of all this 'attention' for biceps.

Do Tricep dips, as much as you can.
    And wrist curls.
    And as always, when you are working out, you got to eat a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Ok like yak said don't neglect your triceps.

Little note though. machine like the bench press and chest press also work your triceps.

But anyway like you said you want bigger arms ere ya go have some advise.

Do heavy weights and do them in lets say 4 sets of 8 reps.
    when I say heavy you want to be struggling to lift the weight.
    when you get to your fourth set you might even fail to lift the weight 8 times. be careful though when you do this cause you can start doing the exercise incorrect(you might start swaying your body forward and backwards).

Exercises:

Biceps:

Bicepcurl, preachers curl(like bicepcurl), chin ups, inclined bicep curl

Triceps:

Tricep dip,(bah forgot what them exercises are called i'll edit this later) but there is a load of exercises for this anyway.

And also do some wrist curls for forearm exercises.

Hope this help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Do Tricep dips, as much as you can.
    And wrist curls.

I'm new to fitness so i'm not sure how to do these exercises.
    Can anyone recommend any site that shows how to do arm exercises?
    Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan
    I'm new to fitness so i'm not sure how to do these exercises.
    Can anyone recommend any site that shows how to do arm exercises?
    Cheers.

Check the sticky link for fitness links. there is also animated ones there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

Thanks guys, i've been doing alot of those arm exercises.
    I just want to know is there any food i should be eating more/less of?
    eg. Meat, Veg, Etc.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I dont go to the gym or do much exercise but I try to do 100 dips about 3 times per week. Ive been doing these for about 5 months and the results are impressive. My triceps have really developed and I dont look like a skinny wreck anymore:D

Advertisement