Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will FRIACO force me to use Eircom?

Options
  • 13-01-2003 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Please excuse the pungent aroma of n00b emanating from this question.....

When FRIACO internet access is offered later this year (or later this century, dependent upon levels of optimism) will it require an Eircom landline?

I currently have a Chorus WLL (Wireless Local Loop) telephone which (in stark contrast to their TV offerings) is excellent.

I'd like to keep it if at all possible, hence my question. I'm assuming it would take the form of a dial-up number for which I'm not charged. Is this correct?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Chorus can invent their own version at the same price or lower.

Has to terminate on a Chorus POP but other than that they can easily offer in-Network FRIACO

d'ya wanna ring customer services to find out when they are launching it :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Oh Christ.

If I have to rely on Chorus to offer it I'll be cancelling and moving to Eircom shortly.

Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

You could use Esat.
    Or utvip (i imagine they'll have one).

They will use the eircom network tho so you'd pay them(esat or whoever), but x amount would still go to Eircom.

Advertisement