Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mri ADSL router

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

It lists PPPOE.
    But why not pick up an Ethernet one?
    You can pick them up in town.
    These are usually much better than the USB ones.
    But hold on, don't Esat supply you with a DSL modem free of charge anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Can anybody confirm that Esat BT's DSL service uses PPPoE and not PPPoA? Is there anybody on boards.ie who's on Esat BT DSL yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 arlbb

It is PPPoA. I've worked on one esat business install (seemed to be a 1M connection but I thought that 512 had been ordered)

Esat supply for free an ericsson modem/router with NAT disabled.
    Can be used to connect a single computer to DSL or could be used as a router if you got fixed public IP addresses for all computers on your network (unlikely).
    You should be able to leave it in place acting as a modem and add on a 3rd party router without having to worry about the PPPoA settings - just get the ppp gateway ip address on the esat network, and your own dsl account fixed ip address if you are getting one.
    The installing engineer should give you this - or 1800 924924 can advise on the specifics for your account.
    I tried to replace the ericsson with a modem/router of my own configured for PPPoA but I couldn't get the settings right.

Advertisement