Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2

Options
  • 13-01-2003 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Anyone know where the best place in Dublin is to get my PS2 repaired. It's having major difficulty reading disks now, but I would put that down to dust accumulation !! If you persevere you can get the games to work, but my son is going bananas because he's not as patient !!! Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Gamezone on talbot street, I've gotten mine repaired there once.
    They are a bit expensive but their service is of high quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ronaldo

cheers mate and do you know if they took long to repair it ? Is there any possible solution to the problem without having to bring it to get repaired. Would a CD cleaning disk not do the trick ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

Well I suppose my problem was a bit different than yours, but it took them 2 days (Sat+Sun, collected it on Monday)
    You could always try one of those cd lens cleaning kits you buy in record stores, they aren't too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

I would probably put it down to dust! Try one of those cleaning CD's. If that doesnt work it could be the laser. The laser is pretty bad on earlier models of the PS2. When did you buy yours? Any more questions, gimme a shout.

mfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ronaldo

I bought the PS2 in July 2001. It works for some games, but for the majority of games, I have to turn it on and off a few times and actually physically blow into the disc compartment. It's very frustrating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭mfield

Ronaldo,

Any luck with cleaning the lens? I sent you a PM.

mfield.

Advertisement