Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL out of bankruptcy protection

• 13-01-2003 7:20pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭

NTL has completed its restructuring and emerged from bankruptcy protection.

NTL Ireland is now part of NTL Incorporated (formerly NTL Communications Corporation) which also includes NTL Group Ltd.

NTL Europe Inc. (formerly NTL Incorporated) (which will probably have to change its name at some point) is a seperate company containg the continental European assets and Premium TV.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

bet they still won't start up their upgrade of the network again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 DJSG

NTL is changing guys.

Its guna be alot better in the future.

Just keep yr eyes open ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

NTL is changing guys.

Its guna be alot better in the future

How when they've had to get rid of Front Row(due to rights) their Box Office???????????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Elmo what do you mean about Front Row? Its working (well, such as it did) on my STB.

Read that NTL will be closing down Front Row (Tribune) due to lack of rights i.e sky have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ebsa

Originally posted by Elmo
    Read that NTL will be closing down Front Row (Tribune) due to lack of rights i.e sky have them.
    BSkyB only holds, time-limited, exclusive broadcasting rights to the films shown on Sky Movies Max and Sky Movies Premier but PPV film rights are non-exclusive.

NTL and Telewest formed Front Row, a 50/50 joint venture, precisely to create direct relationships with Hollywood studios, to eliminate the middleman (Sky) and realise better margins. The ON Demand Group, the pay per view company that runs the Front Row service for NTL & Telewest, is the only ppv business in the U.K. & Ireland to have contracts with all of the major Studios.

Due to it's popularity, Front Row regularly exceeds the cable audience for the premium movie channels from BSkyB and Channel 4, output on NTL's UK digital service has been increased to 30+ movies a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

NTL must die, NTL must die, NTL must die, NTL must die.

NTL must die, NTL must die, NTL must die, NTL must die.

Agreed.

But NTL are getting rid of front row. Maybe just in Ireland. It is not available in Waterford and Galway. and neither is Carton Cinema which i beleive is to close as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Carlton Cinema will close. That has been confirmed, its just exhausting some of its movie plays that have yet to be used.

As for Front Row, this is the first I have heard of it being in any trouble. Mind you, the ordering system does not work properly (at least not the last time I tried), you had to have the films manually added by our old friends at Customer Service.

NTL is changing guys.

Its guna be alot better in the future.

Just keep yr eyes open

DJSG please tell us what going to change about NTL you might as well. And is this future 2005, 2010????????

• Advertisement
Advertisement