Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Robbie Fowler Joins Man City!

• 13-01-2003 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I'm spechless.....

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Good, he was going to waste at Leeds. I don't think it was the right move for him. He should bang in the goals with Man City's fast-paced attack though.

Fowler & Anelka.

Eep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Oh my god,

thats a nice strike force.

Note-to-self Mr.Houllier

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gwan city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

football365 says he still has to agree personal terms, and seeing as he couldn't do that first time around it might not be a done deal yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Best of luck to Robbie if he signs. Probably exactly what he needs, should make a lethal partnership with Monsieur Anelka in time.

If only Liverpool had a striking partnership !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Best of luck to Robbie if he signs. Probably exactly what he needs, should make a lethal partnership with Monsieur Anelka in time.

Have City still got to play liverpool? I would wet myself laughing if they both scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He hasn't signed for Man City yet. He still has to pass a fitness test and agree personal terms. Venables is alleged to be pretty p*ssed off as it seems that Ridsdale sold Fowler without consultation with El TEl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

If Keegan had as good a nose for defenders as he has for strikers City would be fighting for a place in Europe and Newcastle would have won the league at least once. Thankfully he doesn't.

Well he did sign Distin from Newcastle. He's wasn't bad, and he tried to sign Reiziger on loan, who was quite good back in the day. Pity his other defenders are complete spanners, but they could get into the UEFA Cup, they're only 3 behind the Pool I think...that can't be right, can it ???

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fowler agrees terms and takes wage cut. Thats that then.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Delighted for Fowler!! hope he does really well at City as it would rightly piss El Tel off as keane is doing so well at spurs! Sure viduka isnt playing well at all this season and smith is suspended every second game and bridges is injured(unlucky fella). Jesus the two robbies will be delighted!! and el tel wants to buy stan lasaridis!! great thats exactly what he needs another left sided player along with - Harte, Kewell, Wilcox!! and yet he has no strikers performing!"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

yeah i hope fowler shows us all again what a prolific striker and finisher he is. injury free he is devastating.*

*(now fowler no longer plays for liverpool i can now say he is a great player peeve)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

I'd say this is his last chance to shine thanks to that move to Leeds. But I think he'll knock a few goals in and who knows, maybe Sven will be calling in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Congoose

The move has just fallen through, apparently.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,876172,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Glad in a way, i hope Alex Ferguson now has the sense to step in and buy a proven striker who at 28 is in his prime and who's available for a bargain 7.5 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭pa

Originally posted by Sposs
    Glad in a way, i hope Alex Ferguson now has the sense to step in and buy a proven striker who at 28 is in his prime and who's available for a bargain 7.5 million.

I really couldn't see the pride of Toxteth turning out for Manchester United. I don't think either party would be too keen on that scenario.

theres no such thing as loyalty in football, money talks,example Figo - Barcelona to Real Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The difference being that Figo didn't want to leave Barcelona - but what choice did he have after the club sell his registration to Real? None.

if he really wanted to stay he could have dug his heels in and brought Barclona to Court to up hold the terms of his contract,he left because he was offered more money plain and simple.

I'm actually surprised Suralecks hasn't tried to sign King Robbie, a proven goalscorer. Can't understand why he's supposably going for players like Bellion of Sunderland, that German lad Klose and some other muppets aswell.
    If Man Ure had Van the Man and a fit God up front then I'd be worried that they could win the poxy treble again !

Not gonna happen though thank Jebus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by mike65
    Fowler agrees terms and takes wage cut. Thats that then.

Mike.

FFS! I really should know by now....:rolleyes:

Mike.

you should be a journalist for the Sun :D

Advertisement