Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows media player ...

• 13-01-2003 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

strange and silly problem here

had downloaded a copy of holy valance video kiss kiss *i know i know* anyway, it used to play fine on xp with the media player but in the last couple of months it has refused to play this particular video... and only this one, all my other music vids play fine.

the file in question is an .mpeg and it bascially keeps looking for a codec from the server but fails. i have tried updating the codecs and followed through any available help on ms site about this sort of thing but still no joy. (before you ask i do have divx codecs installed)

oddly enough i also dl'd a slightly smaller .avi version of it and it has the same problem... anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Un-install your divx codecs first then re-install em all from scratch, could just be corrupt files. Make sure to install all of the divX codecs (3.11, 4 and 5) and maybe the nimo pack for audio codecs.
    U can get em all from here

U sure its in DivX format? Might do no harm to install Xvid codec if the divX ones dont sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

also
    theres a media player 8 codec pack
    you can download from microsoft.com

no harm in installing it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Eye

yeah i have already tried the codec pack which i thought would do it myself but no joy.

will give it another shot reinstalling Divx codecs though all my other divx vids play fine.

thanks for the info, has given me a couple of ideas that i can try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

there are more then just the standard divx codes out there man
    www.divx-digest.com

at least 20 there if i rememeber

Advertisement